Oops! Wife complaining about oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wishlist

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2011
Corunna, Michigan
Loaded stove this morning with some oak, made coffee, but left damper open a little to much. Stove top was 550 , not overfiring but I assumed it was still cold out. Last night it was 9 when I went to bed. Know it all wife has opened windows. I hate sharing my heat with the neighbors. :(

Attachments

• IMAG0593.jpg
    IMAG0593.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 581
I'm trying to come up with a smart-ass comment re. your wife not appreciating "good wood" in the morning.... :)
Maybe some other wag can do it justice till I have another cup of coffee....

Good wood.....does a body good.... :coolsmirk:

I'd venture to say she'd complain more about the heat bill if you didn't use any wood at all.

We had 10 degrees last night with an indoor temp of 76 and my beloved was complaining that it was "chilly" in our house!?! :-/

I'm not going anywhere near the subject of "wood", but at 86.2°F she has a right to complain. I like to keep it under 74 most of the time.

22.1°F outside ain't exactly cold. Is that the heat from the stove affecting the outside reading through the open window? I woke up to +17.6°F here this morning which is a tad warmer than the -22°F of late.

My wife would absolutely LOVE 86F in the house. She sits on the couch at night and reads with blankets wrapped around her and its 73F in the house.

Pat53 said:
My wife would absolutely LOVE 86F in the house. She sits on the couch at night and reads with blankets wrapped around her and its 73F in the house.
sounds like our wives are related....lol...

After 45 years with the same women I'm so use to "too hot too cold" I don't even hear her. She complains I have selective hearing. It's 34 degrees outside so I'm letting the wood stove coast. Have Pheasant baking so the range is keeping it at 75 degrees inside.

Ironwood said:
After 45 years with the same women I'm so use to "too hot too cold" I don't even hear her. She complains I have selective hearing. It's 34 degrees outside so I'm letting the wood stove coast. Have Pheasant baking so the range is keeping it at 75 degrees inside.
MMMMM MMM....what time should we be over fer dinner?

wishlist said:
Loaded stove this morning with some oak, made coffee, but left damper open a little to much. Stove top was 550 , not overfiring but I assumed it was still cold out. Last night it was 9 when I went to bed. Know it all wife has opened windows. I hate sharing my heat with the neighbors. :(

Yup, it was warming up fast this morning. I see there was a 13 degree rise in temperature in only 3 hours. Looks like tonight and tomorrow will be interesting but I don't like the sounds of that high wind again tomorrow. I hate wind.

You may not like the rest of the menu Scotty. Pheasant with mushroom gravy, mashed Butternut Squash from the root cellar and homemade applesauce.

wishlist said:

On the off chance my wife may read this thread, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut. :zip:

Head down, mouth shut, drudging on...

Ironwood said:
You may not like the rest of the menu Scotty. Pheasant with mushroom gravy, mashed Butternut Squash from the root cellar and homemade applesauce.
now that sounds like a first class country dinner to me......sounds like you got a good dinner planned there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.