Yesterday DH wanted to Reload as he has not done in a couple of weeks. He loaded it up and then got distracted. I walked in with the dog and smelled very hot metal. Checked stove - top was 400 ish but flue was halfway through the red. I opened the door for a minute then closed it and put the cat in to cool the air in the flue. Kept the air open to keep the firebox from overheating. DH checked outside to make sure no sparks from flue. In 10 minutes all was back to normal operation. It is weird to open things up to cool them. And the cat just felt right to do as the stove itself was not that hot and I needed to cool the flue. Hope it did not damage it. :-/. So I see it all the time here but I am adding my psA not to get distracted while starting!