open neutral Whitfield wp2 Advantage II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike3010

Jan 8, 2009
Maine
I have a Whitfield WP2 Advantage II pellet stove which recently stopped working. I cannot find an accurate wiring diagram for the unit. When I start the stove, the circulation blower will run, but the combustion blower and the auger will not run. There is a fuse between terminal 1 and 8 which is good. I cant find a fuse on the control panel. I have tried to both jump out as well as open all limit switches and pressure switches one at a time but still no combustion fan or auger. I have tested both the combustion fan and the blower and found that I have 120v to ground on both wires feeding them which would lead me to believe that I have an open neutral. I can't seem to trace where these parts get their neutrals from. Any help?

I have the wiring diagrams I will send to you if you e-mail me, the file to big and the hearth forum won't let me send it to you.

mike3010 said:
I have a Whitfield WP2 Advantage II pellet stove which recently stopped working. I cannot find an accurate wiring diagram for the unit. When I start the stove, the circulation blower will run, but the combustion blower and the auger will not run. There is a fuse between terminal 1 and 8 which is good. I cant find a fuse on the control panel. I have tried to both jump out as well as open all limit switches and pressure switches one at a time but still no combustion fan or auger. I have tested both the combustion fan and the blower and found that I have 120v to ground on both wires feeding them which would lead me to believe that I have an open neutral. I can't seem to trace where these parts get their neutrals from. Any help?
I have it here on my site
http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/whitfield_wire_diagrams.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.