Open Stacks and a snowblower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I was cleaning up around the yard after a snow storm this weekend and usually run path around my house past the woodpiles. I wasn't paying attention and didn't turn my chute way from the stacks. About an hour later I was filling my bulkhead and discovered that the snow penetrated about a foot into the stack. :oops:

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
D'oh!

homer-simpson-oh-no.jpg

Sounds more like something I'd do.....

Geesh - I need a BIG snow blower. My Griz is seriously struggling to move this snow and there is NO way I could plow around the stacks right now. I am so glad I brought so much wood inside.

My neighbor has a huge snowblower and is retired. So he gets up early and does (almost) the whole neighborhood. Nice, except he throws all of the snow from our driveway onto my stacks! i hate to say something to him, so last snow I made sure I was out before he got to our house.

Geesh - I need a BIG snow blower. My Griz is seriously struggling to move this snow and there is NO way I could plow around the stacks right now. I am so glad I brought so much wood inside.

Bob, we did okay in moving snow but it really got hard once the cold came. With the ice under it, I could have used some chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.