1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Opinion of Marth Pellets?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Lake Girl, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Picked up three bags of Marth pellets at L&M Fleet Supply in Hibbing, MN because I was down to the last five bags of Heartland pellets.
    Fines seem to be a bit higher - 2/3 cup per bag. Not a huge amount of dust, more pellet "crumbs".
    Hard to tell on burn properties as we have only been burning a few hours at night.
    Price $3.49/bag

What's your experience with them?

Also noticed that the Heartlands are a "taller" profile in the bag compared to the Marth. Bag weights, size are the same; more air trapped in Marth bag.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Marth are produced right here in Marathon Wi.

I personally didn't care for the brown bag hardwoods. They also offer pine pellets which I liked.

Word on the street is Marth buys their fiber from wherever they can get it, so it's hit and miss. Especially the hardwoods.

my $.02
  3. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Do you recall anything specific of why you didn't like them? Hardwood pellet from this area you do like?
  4. smoke show

smoke show Guest

Jay seemed to like them.

It's probly just because I'm spoiled with Canadian softwoods.

They seemed ashy in comparison.
  5. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Pics of pellets and Beer:cool:
    smoke show likes this.
  6. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice;) The Coors can was a generous donation left on the side of the road by a snowmobiler . My Earth Day contribution when I'm out walking the dog - the snow recedes and the garbage is all over:(
  7. smoke show

smoke show Guest

I noticed. But theres more pellets than beer....
    will711 likes this.
  8. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I bought a half ton or so of Pennywise back in 2009, and those were made by Marth. Not a bad pellet for heat and ash, but there were a lot of long pellets in the bag and they were very dusty. Haven't seen them in my area since.
  9. Lake Girl

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Haven't found any super long pellets - a few that are 1-1/2" but most about 1" or smaller. Not much for dust but many tiny chunks off pellets that fall through 1/4" screen. More carbon build-up in the burn pot than the Heartlands burning at power 1. Seem to be a good shoulder pellet with a far cheaper price $3.49US vs. $5.99Cdn.