opinions of users of the quadra-fire cumberland gap wood stove heating and operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kathie

Nov 17, 2010
west-central Indiana
I just purchased the quadra-fire cumberland gap and hoping I am really satisfied with the heat output, I was going to buy the jotul f600 cb. I have a story and half home approx 2200 sq ft to heat and did not want to not be able to be in the same room with the wood stove but the heat output needs to be there to help with heating costs any reviews on this stove?

We purchased a Cumberland Gap in the fall of 2009 and it has worked grate for heating our 1200 sq.foot ranch.I would recommend adding the blower,it really helps the output.

How does the fire look on these stoves - nice view?

The fire view would be typical of an e.p.a. stove with burn tubes.Get good hot fire going and turn the air down it will start with a rolling fire ball.As the fire dies down flames will lick at the ceiling lighting off gas for the ceiling of flames.Of course this is with seasoned wood.I probably could embellish more but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.