Opinions on Avalon blowers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenlloyd

Sep 14, 2011
des moines, IA
My insert did not come with a blower...darn. I'm considering purchasing a new blower for it and I thought I remembered a post about someone complaining about the noise of an Avalon blower...but couldn't find it. Local retailer wants north of $250 for a new blower, which is money well spent if it's not too noisy and works well, but it's a waste if it makes noise and doesn't move much air.

Would like to hear comments from Avalon owners about satisfaction with the blower. If it's worth it I'll buy a new one, I doubt there's any used / rebuildable ones out there for sale.

Comments please...

thx

steve

A blower is a must with a insert.

Don't have an Avalon, and it's not an insert...but it's a Lopi freestander which comes from the same parent company - Travis Industries. I really like the blower on the stove. It has a speed control that's infinitely variable between min & max speeds. Turned down low, it's barely audible but quite effective at getting heated air out away from the stove to mix into the living space. At max speed, there's a good deal of air movement noise, but I only ever turn it up there when I'm leaving the room for the night. In concert with a ceiling fan, the blower on the stove is very effective. If the noise is a problem (never is for me) I can turn the blower off anytime. Rick

Thanks guys, looks like I better pay the piper and order one.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.