opinions on Eureka pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
The cheapest Ive found pellets to be so far are the Pa. pellets from where I bought the stove at $239.00 a ton. I burned these last year, not impressed. 84 Lumber has Eureka pellets at $249.00 a ton, but would like to get some opinions on them if any one has any experience with them. Thank you in advance. Plus, the 84 lumber is closer, so unless these pellets really suck, it would be just as well to get them through them. Thanks again.

freebird77 said:
The cheapest Ive found pellets to be so far are the Pa. pellets from where I bought the stove at $239.00 a ton. I burned these last year, not impressed. 84 Lumber has Eureka pellets at $249.00 a ton, but would like to get some opinions on them if any one has any experience with them. Thank you in advance. Plus, the 84 lumber is closer, so unless these pellets really suck, it would be just as well to get them through them. Thanks again.

If it's the same Eureka that I burned (white bag..orange-redish lettering), they were one of the best I burned. Clean, high heat and low ash. I would absolutely buy these at $249. Where are you located? Just my $.02.

My local wallymart sometimes gets them, I try to pick up what I can, When they have them! Clean burn-Low ash-and lots of heat! I normally burn hardwood pellets, But I don't see any difference when I burn these!

Just wished wallymart gave a price break when you buy a ton. They just sell by the bag!

jay

Best I've found in two seasons...very low ash... nice heat.

Ive been calling around and other then toe Pa. pellets, theses are the best price around, and I think Ill start hauling some home. Thanks for the advice, to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.