Opinions on flue probe with new Oslo install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Oslo install is coming in about 1 week. Hearth install with 6" insulated flex liner. This is going in an interior masonry chimney.

Would it be a good idea to install a flue temp probe or not? If yes, can the probe be attached to flex liner? If yes, how? If yes, brand recommendations appreciated.

Shari

I dont think its that big a deal. A stovetop thermometer will prob show a temp difference a little degrees cooler than the probe would. Jotul manual suggests the thermometer on the stovetop in one of the back corners. Thats where ours now sits.

logger said:
Jotul manual suggests the thermometer on the stovetop in one of the back corners. Thats where ours now sits.

Ditto here, I've got two on the corners but now that I picked up an IR I find only one of the is fairly accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.