Opinions on Lopi Declaration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffoc

Oct 3, 2008
Blandinsville, IL
We had decided to buy and install a Napoleon insert in our 100 year old farm house. But when it came to measuring and not just eyeballing things, two pillars on the sides of the fireplace are to close for a unit that sits on the hearth.

So we researched some flush fitting inserts and found the declaration. I see that a few people on here have them but I couldn't find much feedback on them.
We really like the double door and someone had said that it is going away this year so I would like to get it fairly soon. Also I wonder about the fans, being flush I imagine they have to run all the time to get the heat into the room. Are they quiet enough not to be annoying?

So far I haven't gotten any pricing info, is it an expensive one? Or the same range as most?

Anything you care to share would be helpful!

Thanks,

I think some one on this site said they got one for 2,600.00 .Great stove and fan is not that loud at all.
I have had it for 5 years now and heat 1,800 s.f with no problems.

from what I've heard, it's a great insert. Travis Industries (Lopi/Avalon/Fireplace Xtrordinair) makes some great products.

Also, you can check out Avalon's & FPX's version & decide which style you like best. I believe the main difference between the Avalon & Lopi are the grill styles, whereas on the FPX version, it has different grills PLUS an arched face (both the Avalon & Lopi versions have a rectangular face)

Lopi Declaration
http://www.lopistoves.com/images/images_Numbered/Medium/104326.jpg

Avalon Perfect Fit
http://www.adirondackfireplace.com/images/avalon-perfect-fit-insert.jpg

Fireplace Xtrordinair 33 Elite
http://www.fireplacex.com/images/images_Numbered/Medium/103786.jpg

Thanks, that is very helpful. 2600 is about where I was at with the others I was looking at.

Ski bum are all those in your pictures made by Travis? Or did I read that wrong. I really like the arched face.

Thanks again.
Jeff

I'm pretty happy with mine. You need to run the fan or it won't spread the heat out at all. But fortunately the fan is not too loud. So far I could heat about 1800 sq.ft. area to about 70*F when it's 25*F outside. Also I could get about 6~7 hours so far with enough coal to start in the morning.

Cheers......Som

budman said:
I think some one on this site said they got one for 2,600.00 .Great stove and fan is not that loud at all.
I have had it for 5 years now and heat 1,800 s.f with no problems.

I was quoted just over $3,000 over here in Eastern PA.

jeffoc said:
Thanks, that is very helpful. 2600 is about where I was at with the others I was looking at.

Ski bum are all those in your pictures made by Travis? Or did I read that wrong. I really like the arched face.

Thanks again.
Jeff

yep, all 3 of them are Travis. The arched one is the Fireplace Xtrordinair version, which is my personal favorite of the 3 also ;)

I love their Freedom Bay but it’s not the flat front you might be after. This thing is incredible for heat output and ease of operation. The large viewing window was a spousal requirement during our search. And she said …. “It can’t look like a stoveâ€. This one fits the bill perfect with outstanding quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.