Opinions on Menards splitter and price.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldspark

What do you think, who makes this and is this just for the casual weekend splitter, I assume a better one is in order if I was going to sell wood down the road.
The link did not work any one familar with the splitters Menards sells they have a 208cc 22 ton one for sale for 900 dollars.

I saw that splitter there last week and thought dollar for dollar it looked as nice as the huskee equivalent. I would have bought it instead of the HF one I bought in the spring if they stocked them then.

oldspark said:
What do you think, who makes this and is this just for the casual weekend splitter, I assume a better one is in order if I was going to sell wood down the road.
The link did not work any one familar with the splitters Menards sells they have a 208cc 22 ton one for sale for 900 dollars.

zap

Attachments

• b662208_0.jpg
    b662208_0.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 577
They do not even have a display model at the Men. I go to so I guess I will not buy one of theres sight unseen, I guess I could order one and tell them I do not like it but that would be dirty pool.

oldspark said:
They do not even have a display model at the Men. I go to so I guess I will not buy one of theres sight unseen, I guess I could order one and tell them I do not like it but that would be dirty pool.

Menards should be able to tell you who makes them, that should give you a idea on the quality of the splitter.

zap

Looks pretty similar to the MTD and clones line-up . . . I would ask the folks who makes the splitter and as Zap mentioned that should give you an idea as to the quality . . . right now if I was a betting man based on the design and set up I would guess it's a MTD or one of the clones.

I can't remember the last time somebody complained about their splitter. I think you are pretty good with what ever you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.