Havendalefarm Posted By Havendalefarm, Mar 30, 2013 at 3:19 PM

1. bag of hammers

bag of hammers
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern ON
    Wow some really nice hearth pics in this thread. I kinda wish I'd designed for a raised hearth now, based on all the + comments here. I love the way my hearth looks but it would be nice to sit right beside the stove, and I'm not gettin' any younger so the easier loading would be really nice too. live and learn...

2. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    It is never too late to change!

3. bag of hammers

bag of hammers
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 7, 2010
    Loc:
    Northern ON
    You're right - but there are a thousand projects on the list now (also building the house).. Still, you never know....

4. charly

charly
    Guest 2.
    NULL

5. notshubby

notshubby
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 26, 2015
    Loc:
    constantia ny
    101_0649.JPG 5 1/2 inches high lol front gate sometime in future when I get time.

6. Firecozy

Firecozy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2008
    Loc:
    Portland OR
    It's kind of funny but I am in the process of lowering my hearth to make it flush with surrounding floor. Maybe I'll find out that I wish I had raised it, but with a fireplace insert, raising would be more of an issue.

The reason I want it flush though is because of our not so terribly large living room, I didn't want to give up the floor space. There still won't be anything on the hearth but having the walking space actually makes a difference to me.

To each's own.

7. hoverwheel

hoverwheel
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Oct 18, 2013
    Loc:
    USA
    Is THAT the reason for the high floor R value on the 30 NC?

My hearth is raised about 16" to save bending over. My dog's favorite winter resting place is smack dab in front of the stove. I suppose she is technically combustible but she won't listen when we tell her to move.

JA600L likes this.