Opinions please! Help me decide what stove to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcates

Mar 1, 2010
Central NC
I'm looking to buy a new stove in the near future. Maybe in time for winter. I am looking to heat my entire house so I need a large firebox with the longest possible burn times.
I would rather have a welded steel stove instead of cast iron. Opinions on this are welcome too. The steel stoves seem to be much less expensive too. I have been looking at moderately priced steel stoves and am interested in the englander 30. The flue size must be 6 inch as I already have a stainless 6 inch insulated liner. Anyone with the englander 30 in the crowd please speak up.

Lots of posts here on that stove. Search on Englander 30NC and you will find many opinions on it, most all good. For a low cost stove it packs a lot of value.

More info needed as well . . . size of house, climate, insulation, house lay-out, etc. to be able to offer a semi-informed decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.