Opinions /thoughts , owner reviews on this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three USS pellet stoves used last winter with no serious problems on two and the issue on the third was ultimately solved with a hardcore cleaning.

One new as yet uninstalled Englander 30 purchased based on reviews here.

Both appear to build products that do what they say.

Reactions: Owen1508
Alright, movin on. I see Vogelzang in your sig line, USSC makes Vogelzang? I did not know that. I seen no evidence of that anywhere in my owners manual/etc. Is that a new development or been a while? As i said earlier, my experience with emailing VZ customer service about an install question was not too impressive.

moving on...Sorry if I was snippy to you I just dislike inaccurate info, in any aspect of my life. Pet Peeve I guess. I just found out about Hearth recently was on another site That was/is off line now and heard about here from a friend that I knew from there. I like this site better It has alot of great info on it. USSC aquired VZ about the same time it got Breckwell (2010).

Oh, yeah, OK. The 30 comes up at $899 for me right now. Maybe there are some 10% coupons out there? Military discount?

HD and Lowes give current and prior military 10% everyday of the year. One of the reason I like those stores.

I was never too impressed with the build quality of my Hotblast furnace, but when the bearings went bad on one of the blowers a few months after the warranty was up, USSC wasted no time in sending me two replacements. They were updated units with bushings and oil tubes.
No complaints as far as customer service goes.

I'm glad they took care of you during that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: brenndatomu
Status
Not open for further replies.