opps!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He needed a load of wet oak in the pickup, looked like his tires were just spinning.

You might have seen this one.

Who knows what these guys are doing.

What is the guy in the cars plan if that heavy branch did come down.

Last edited:

With all the top weight and lean on the other side of the tree from the direction you want it to go it's real hard. One rope won't do it. I would have three tugits covering 180 degrees opposite the natural fall direction.

Better yet get a professional with a boom and take it down in pieces. We have a guy in town that uses a boom and a cable. something to see him go up to the top standing on the ball.

Last edited:
Seems to me maybe the truck guy should have stayed in the cab and gave it some gas when the tree started going down.
There was a guy in the truck, the wheels were spinning.

There were a couple of things wrong. Number one the rope was pulling the truck up which gave it no traction in the back. Needed a pully fixed to that stump to get the force latteral and not vertical. Notice how the truck gains traction as the tree falls and the angle decreases!

Second they need to limb that tree a little. ALL the weight was on that one side.

Seems to me maybe the truck guy should have stayed in the cab and gave it some gas when the tree started going down.
There was someone in that truck right at the start of the video you can hear the truck start. Also if you look closely the trucks tires are spinning, but it ain't going no where. The weight of the tree pulling the other way and trying to drive on grass in 2wd mind you, that ain't happening

Status
Not open for further replies.