1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Optional brick set for Quad CB 1200 ?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by cncpro, Jul 20, 2008.

1. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    Hello,

I initially saw the brick installation procedure in the manual and it didn't 'click' that they were optional until after I spent a while searching out all the nooks & crannies in my new stove but still couldn't find my bricks...

So...

What purpose does the optionalbrick set serve in a Quadrafire CB1200 pellet stove ?

Is there any advantage to having them or is this just a visual effect like the ceramic logs ?

Thanks in advance !

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    Looks.....all about looks......Run it first without them...if you like the looks then don't waste your money. Just something else to remove and clean. You are better off buying a remote thermostat so you can better regulate the on/off on the heat source. I have the same stove and picked up the thermostat cheap on ebay....works like a charm and is not the SMART-BATT-II which will run you $200 plus. Let me know in pm if you want the link to where I bought mine.
  3. cncpro

cncpro New Member

Loc:
    NE Connecticut, USA
    Thanks Mralias,

I am not so much about looks. Performance and reliability is all I care about.

I just picked up a Honeywell digital 7-day programmable thermostat at Lowes. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work...

EDIT: I didn't realize what you were getting at initially... You are talking about a wireless remote thermostat that you take from room to room with you, right ? I am not sure I would benefit from a device like that... I am hoping to circulate the air enough to achieve relatively even heating throughout my home governed by a single wall-mounted thermostat.
  4. mralias

mralias Minister of Fire

Loc:
    MA
    The one at Lowes will work. I just like running wires to where I want the thermostat placed, that's all.
  5. smg64ct

smg64ct Member

Loc:
    Connecticut
    I have a classic bay 1200 and i have the bricks. I was told by the dealer that you shouldn't run the stove without them.
  6. stoveguy13

stoveguy13 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    CT
    brick kit is decorative and is not need unless you want it for looks.
  7. slls

slls Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine Lat 45
    If bricks were needed, it would come with them.
  8. TboneMan

TboneMan Member

Loc:
    Central NY
    The bricks definitely improve the looks of the interior. They probably do offer some additionat heat retention (between cycles for quicker convection fan activation).

I also bought the log set. BIG MISTAKE!!!

I used it for about two weeks and pulled it because they were a pain to clean and they caused the windows to "ash up" quicker.

I put logs back in for the summer for ascetics. I'll pull them before firing it back up in the fall.
  9. Twinsmom

Twinsmom New Member

Yes, please tell us where you got it
  10. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

The Lux TS-1500u (Programmable or Full Manual T-Stat) from Lowes is made for wood pellet stoves with the "Swing Setting" from 1 - 9 at 1/4 Deg increments. I set the Swing to 8 which is 2 deg f. This will keep your quad from Short Cycling! That means always going On and Off. When I set my stove to 70 with the swing of 8 the stove will go on at 68 Deg F and off at 72 Deg F. It seems to work better that way. :)