Options for laying pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoastcan

Nov 2, 2010
Nova Scotia, Can
I am currently decided between a Propane or Pellet stove to replace my existing wood stove (dust/dirt/work are the reasons). We do not have natural gas service on our street (they do one street over!), so that is not an option and we would have to go with a propane tank.

We have a very tight backyard, and the idea place for the propane tank would be behind our shed, which is separated from the house by about 10 feet. What is involved in putting propane piping underground? Is it even possible in a residential install?

I just had a propane tank installed, if you just have one gas-fired appliance why not get an upright tank? I had a 420 lb tank installed right next to the house, tucked in behind some foliage to keep it somewhat hidden. That might be a better option for you, depending on your property dimensions.

dig, and put it under ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.