Orange County NY First Burn of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Pirate

Jun 25, 2008
Orange County, NY
Cold the past couple of nights.
My wife called me at work today and said its friggen freezing in the house.
Feels good to start another wood burning season. Last year my wood wasnt really seasoned enough. Now I have plenty of good burning wood.

Hey, its about time you started enjoying those fires!

Isn't it snowing in OCNY today. Tell me you haven't had any heat until now!

I work in Westchester County but the wife is home and says its snowing.
Last night was the first night I had any sort of heat at all.

Its not snowing here in Dutchess county yet but it is a nasty rainy cold day. The girls just got home from school are the fire will be starting soon. Its too early for this kind of weather!

I posted too fast, rain has changed over to snow here. Good lord..... and the fire is going now and the house is warming up fast

couldn't believe it - i am on travel up on albany for work, my wife called this morning and told me she started a fire in teh stove last night and only had to add some splits this am to keep it going before she went to work.

This has nothing to do with wood burning, but I lived in Orange County for a few years....at West Point (USMA) when I was a kid. Stilll one of my favorite places ever. Beautiful country. Sometimes chilly though!

Welcome to the pack bud. Been burning for about two weeks consecutively now. It was actually snowing today up in Beacon, now thats just too darn early for snow.

Yep, small fires in WI for about a week now. Last night it was in the 30's again...and rain :mad:

We've been burning for a week down in Croton. Snowed down here too!. West Point is at about the most beautiful part of the Hudson River.

Status
Not open for further replies.