Ordered a Traeger PB 150 Pellet Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnian

Minister of Fire
May 28, 2008
Limerick, Maine
I feel a lot more confident ordering the Traeger then I did the Harmon. Fit, finish, and technology it just seems to be a better unit. After all, that is what Traeger makes, they don't make pellet stoves, they make pellet boilers.

Anyway, when I talked to the local dealer last Friday he had 6, 3 of which were spoken for. Since then he sold the other 3, took orders for 12 more to be delivered in July, and I was number 3 on the order list for August ~ busy, busy, busy.

For those interested. the unit is $6950 plus $200 delivery, then flue/chimney (price depends on your needs), and the plumbing/electrical/installation is $3000 ~ after it is all said and done I will be looking at just under $12,000. However, it will be done by someone who does this for a living, not just sell them on the side, the master plumber installs these all the time, so it won't be a learning experience for him (unlike what it sounded like the Harman would have been).

Fortunately, I had already ordered 6 tons of pellets from PelletSales.com, but another benefit of the Traeger is that as the biomass pellet industry grows (barley, grass, TRASH), it will be able to burn those as well.

~ Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.