Ordered my early buy pellets today....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Two pallets of Uncle Jeds pine and two pallets of Eureka fir.

The dealer is now going to bag their own UJ fir pellets, too but didn't have any pricing.

I can pick them up in July. I'm planning on erecting a 20X20 steel carport to store them in until I need 'em.

Wet1 said:
So you ordered them w/o knowing the pricing?
Nope... didn't order the Jed's fir because of not having a price. They MAY know the $$$ in mid-May. They did have the bags in stock (they have a bagging facility on site) so they will be available. The sales girl said I may be able to switch from the Eureka's to Jed's fir if I chose to... probably won't unless there's a big price advantage.

My four skids (1.2 tons per skid) came to $999.XX... I'll pick them up in July. That's just a tad over $208.00 per ton... not the worst price. Hardwoods would have been cheaper but I've had real good luck with the pine and fir pellets.

We've had such a cold spring this year that the 4 skid order will allow me to stay warmer longer next spring without using the stove... my NG furnace has been eating fuel for three weeks now since I ran out of pellets... the local stores have 'em for $5.99/bag... too high for my budget. My dealer has plenty in stock for less $$$ but I forgot to buy a few bags when I was there yesterday...

thats sweet hope they're cheaper than eurekas I'd like to try some fir pellets but am too cheap to spend the money on eurekas

no pane said:
thats sweet hope they're cheaper than eurekas I'd like to try some fir pellets but am too cheap to spend the money on eurekas

I had to really think about it before I bought 'em but I think they are worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.