Ordered my Harman!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish916

Aug 17, 2011
Eastern PA, Southern Poconos
I just got done ordering my Harman Accentra 52i insert this weekend. Official install comes next month. Now the fun begins. I will be tearing out my old Temco DV 5200 propane unit and completely refacing the hearth and front with stone!!

Unit was $3,900 and change
Outside Air Kit
Log set (free thanks to $100 Harman coupon)
Zero Clearance box
Installation and taxes put us around $5200!

Very nice, congratulations! You will be warm with that unit. Make sure to take before and after pics and post them out here for us to see!

I'm not a fan of the log kits. Just one more thing that collects ash and needs cleaning.

I put my log kit in for appearancewhen I have company==c
Congrats on your insert , your gonna love it

I was talked out of the log kit, the need to remove for cleaning, gets brittle easy to break.... Now wonder if the log kit hides some of the blow torch light given off the stove? If so, I would reconsider the kit.

Or only put it in during the summer for looks.

This thread needs pictures and lots of them.

Words are nice. Pictures are better. ;)

Reactions: newbieinCT
I too have a harman P43 on the way, ripped out my wood fireplace and have the tile layed! Barn wood on the walls next then I will be installing the stove within the month I hope!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: Big papa
Or only put it in during the summer for looks.

Yeah, but the new accentra has a mirrored glass, so you won't see the log set unless the fire is going! If the log set gets in the way, it's coming out! :)

Reactions: mralias
Alrighty folks. The 52i was installed this weekend. Out with the gas unit - in with the pellet. I've attached a before/after pic. You can probably tell that I did all the work myself. My first crack at doing any type of masonry work. It's not perfect, but we love the rustic charm it adds to the room. No burn pics yet as it's a bit too warm to run it in. I'm hoping for my first burn this week!!

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1411173920229.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1411173920229.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 318
Well done! That is some handsome masonry. Wish one of my first-time attempts would turn out that nice. You might want to go ahead with lighting that beauty:

1.) Be sure it works before you need it.
2.) Burn off the paint smell while it's warm enough to open the windows.

Well done! That is some handsome masonry. Wish one of my first-time attempts would turn out that nice. You might want to go ahead with lighting that beauty:

1.) Be sure it works before you need it.
2.) Burn off the paint smell while it's warm enough to open the windows.

Thank you Brew. We'll be firing it up this week to stretch her out and burn off that paint smell.

nice pic. i ordered my 52i insert this weekend for next month install. my price is exactly like yours, $5200 with install. hope it turns out as nice. what pellets are you going to burn? here in the greater boston area, there doesnt seem to be too many different options.

nice pic. i ordered my 52i insert this weekend for next month install. my price is exactly like yours, $5200 with install. hope it turns out as nice. what pellets are you going to burn? here in the greater boston area, there doesnt seem to be too many different options.
Thank you! I haven't settled on a pellet yet. I have a few bags of Barefoots and a few bags of Hamers. I'm having a hard time finding reasonable delivery charges out this way, so I might have to try to pick them up myself with a few trips. For the price/quality, I'm thinking I'm probably going to go with Hamers for larger orders. My local guy wants $30 more a ton for Barefoots. Energex might also be an option for me as well. We'll see- TBD

Awww yeah! Had a nice burn last night on the new 52i!! She throws some serious hot air!!

Attachments

• pelletburn.jpg
    pelletburn.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: newbieinCT
very nice looking!

Good Luck, you made the right decision. Now learn all the ways you can run it and what's best for you. Enjoy it.

$5200 seems to be the magic # being posted...

I just got done ordering my Harman Accentra 52i insert this weekend. Official install comes next month. Now the fun begins. I will be tearing out my old Temco DV 5200 propane unit and completely refacing the hearth and front with stone!!

Unit was $3,900 and change
Outside Air Kit
Log set (free thanks to $100 Harman coupon)
Zero Clearance box
Installation and taxes put us around $5200!
Welcome to the harman gang! Let us know when you getter done.

House was 66 when I got home from work. Cranked up our Harman and it's now 76 downstairs and 77 upstairs. I'm still trying to figure out the settings, but man this things heats incredibly well. Might have to open the windows to cool the house off now haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.