Ordered room sensor probe (one other question)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My room sensor got broken on my Harman Accentra insert so a new one is on order, my question now is " I can just cut the wires at the tip of the sensor and add two connectors then install the new one"?
I helped a friend install the same model stove and I recall it coming with about 25' of that wire.

Thanks

The new one should come with the connectors already attached. Should be PnP. Polarity doesn't matter.

ETA- If it doesn't, just crimp on 1/4" female spade connectors.

Yes. Just be conscious of wire gauge, overall length, connector type, etc. You don't want to alter the resistance profile too much. I extended my Harman temp sensor with approximately 15' of 16 gauge wire. In my case, the additional wire/connectors helped to zero the temp reading vs. dial position.

Status
Not open for further replies.