Ordering from Amicks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I want to buy a Dolmar 5100s, but I can't seem to figure out how to purchase the thing online! I see order now buttons for chains and such, but none of the saws have it. Has anybody ordered from them before?

I've tried to call them, but the number is always busy.

Matt

I was just able to get through. They aren't able to ship chainsaws.

So, what is the best bang for the buck chainsaw out there? I guess I'll have to start looking again.

Matt

Matt, there are some Dolmar dealers that post frequently in the chainsaw forum at arboristsite.com , if memory serves one of them is called cuttinscott, he should be able to help you.

I limbed and felled with my 5100S today. Awesome saw. If I had to own only one saw, that would be it.

I figured if I couldn't get the 5100 I'd stick with a saw from a local dealer.

I went down and picked up a MS290 w/ a 16" bar. It's a slight learning curve to get it started compared to the Craftsman, but the saw cuts like butter through the wood. They wanted to upsell me to a larger bar, but I figred I could always pick up a longer bar/chain in the future. The 16" will be easier to keep out of the mud, etc.

The only thing that worries me about the saw is it doesn't throw oil from the chain like I'm used to seeing. I use oil at what is probably an acceptable amount, and I can see a little flung from the chain onto a stump, but bar oil is something I'd rather use too much of than too little. I went through the instruction manual a few times and didn't see anything about adjustible oilers.

Does anybody know if the oiler is adjustible?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.