orders

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our first orders for splitters are coming in from our site from customers that found us though our sponsership of the site here. I will ask some of them if they can post a review here if they have time. We also plan to add new splitters in the coming months.

Thanks for your support.

Also I took some pictures the other day of how we stack our wood without the use of racks to dry and will try and post them soon. I saw a thead a while asking about this.

So, how about posting those pictures?

Here are the photos of how to stack without racks.

Attachments

• Stack Close up 1.jpg
    Stack Close up 1.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 489
  • Stack Close up 2.jpg
    Stack Close up 2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 497
  • Whole Stack.jpg
    Whole Stack.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 516
Here are some more stacks, without racks. These were stacked 2 years ago. There were 9 cord but now there are only 5 cord left. That, along with what we will have left in the barn from this year will last us 2 more years.

Wood-2009c.jpg

I do the same thing sometimes .

All of those are much straighter than mine, though.

I blame all the earthquakes we have here and the fact starch for stacks has been outlawed.

Backwoods Savage said:
Here are some more stacks, without racks. These were stacked 2 years ago. There were 9 cord but now there are only 5 cord left. That, along with what we will have left in the barn from this year will last us 2 more years.

Nice looking stacks Dennis! I cross stack the ends here too and sometimes all of the wood as it allows good airflow..

Ray

Here is most of what I started with this season.

Attachments

• Stacks.jpg
    Stacks.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Stacks 2.jpg
    Stacks 2.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 381
tfdchief said:

Very nice looking wood and yard!

Ray

raybonz said:
tfdchief said:

Very nice looking wood and yard!

Ray
Thanks Ray. I fight to have grass every summer because of all my trees, especially my big red oaks....they just shade the entire back yard and rob the soil of all moisture. But, I won't give them up! It the only "woods" I have. The mulched area was originally born from the fact that no grass would grow there. Turned out, it made a perfect spot for my wood operation, or most of it. Some, including the wood shed is on the other end of my "woods", I mean back yard. :)

Hey Chief, I like that yard too. That walkway going out there just adds a nice touch to it.

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey Chief, I like that yard too. That walkway going out there just adds a nice touch to it.
Thanks Dennis, As I said, it's my little "woods"....not much but all I have and the stepping stones go to my bench where I often sit to eat my lunch or have a smoke and just relax and enjoy my little "woods" AND of course admire my stacks ;-P

Backwoods Savage said:

Dennis - are you telling us that you are down to only 6 or 7 cord?! Must be a record low! If I have more wood on hand than you, I'm going to feel real good! Cheers!

fatwoodfirestarters said:
Some of our first orders for splitters are coming in from our site from customers that found us though our sponsership of the site here.

Being a loyal hearth dot com member and being completely unfamiliar with your splitters, I wanna see some pics. And make it snappy (please :coolsmile: )

Ha - there it is at the top of my page - good job (and quick too)

Sweet looking equipment. And if I am not mistaken, it actually looks like you are using REAL tonnage numbers. Gonna havta build me one of them 4 way wedges.

fatwoodfirestarters said:
Some of our first orders for splitters are coming in from our site from customers that found us though our sponsership of the site here. I will ask some of them if they can post a review here if they have time. We also plan to add new splitters in the coming months.

Thanks for your support.

Also I took some pictures the other day of how we stack our wood without the use of racks to dry and will try and post them soon. I saw a thead a while asking about this.

Who manufactures these splitters??
They look pretty similar to TSC's splitters

NH_Wood said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Dennis - are you telling us that you are down to only 6 or 7 cord?! Must be a record low! If I have more wood on hand than you, I'm going to feel real good! Cheers!

Well, I'm not down that far yet! Looks like we'll not sell any more until fall so that will help. Taking inventory, it appears if we did not sell any more wood or give any away, we should have enough wood split and stacked through the winter of 2015-2016. However, I know there is one fellow who wants some wood come fall as I talked to him today. This was his first time buying from us and he is really impressed with how the wood burns.

It was funny when I explained to him how other wood sellers don't let their wood season before selling it. I told him how much our wood piles shrink before any is sold and he had no idea that was the case! Just one more opportunity to educate.

Status
Not open for further replies.