Oregon bar Vs Stihl?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
southbound said:
►►OhioBurner◄◄™ said:
I've also got a 290 I'd like to look into this mod if you can send a link my way as well.

Thanks!

You have mail as well....

Need to make a thread on how to mod your muffler lol.........................

if your not to busy or tired of it could you send it my way as well....please.

Stump_Branch said:
southbound said:
►►OhioBurner◄◄™ said:
I've also got a 290 I'd like to look into this mod if you can send a link my way as well.

Thanks!

You have mail as well....

Need to make a thread on how to mod your muffler lol.........................

if your not to busy or tired of it could you send it my way as well....please.

Pm sent....

Southbound, wouldn't it be easier to just post the link here?

oldspark said:
Kenster said:
Southbound, wouldn't it be easier to just post the link here?
+1

+100 come on southbound Start a New Thread.....Lots of 290 out there needing that extra BOOST!

I don't want to break forum rules.. If it is ok to post the link I will..

If I get time tonight I my take one of min in and do a fake mod just for the pic's....

southbound said:
I don't want to break forum rules.. If it is ok to post the link I will..

If I get time tonight I my take one of min in and do a fake mod just for the pic's....

Does anyone use a short pipe on these 290's?

I will do a how to but I need some pic's of a non modded muffler... If anyone wants to help please pm me...

Thanks.............

southbound said:
I will do a how to but I need some pic's of a non modded muffler... If anyone wants to help please pm me...

Thanks.............

would not let me send it through the email

Attachments

• 290.jpg
    290.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 305
Thanks but I'm looking for up close as we tear it down... So I can compare what I have done to one that is untouched....

southbound said:
Thanks but I'm looking for up close as we tear it down... So I can compare what I have done to one that is untouched....

lol maybe ebay do a search for 290 muff and copy that.

I'm all about pics, I'd help you out but both my good cameras died within the last week. All I got left is my first digicam, 1.3MP lol but can't find the one smart media card for it (and probably never be able to get another one). Camera on phone is crap... man I hate to spend money right now on a new camera.

OK after much research on the arborist site i have modded my saw I reccomend vieving several of the muff mod threads because after reading a couple and looking at my own muffler I decided on a bit different mod. After looking at my own muffler i decided not to cut or drill in the rectangular depression area mainly because this is straight out from the port kinda like a straight pipe. Since im not building a drag saw I didnt really want a drag pipe. So i settled in a bit more of a conservative mod. Some mufflers have two oval holes and some have four or two sets of holes. My particular muffler only had the two oval holes so i trimmed away the material between them to create a long slot. Then measured and created another slot at the top just above the depressed area asme size as the other slot which greatly increases the overall size of the exhaust opening yet all of the exhaust gasses still pass through the baffled area inside the muffler (less noise). After that I trimmed the opening in the cover plate to nearly double the opening size. Then tuned the saw which required removing the limiter caps (tossed them). Seems to run great took me about an hour to perform. Did it about an hour ago. Tomorrow i plan to cut some wood and i will be sure to post some after mod feedback. Way easier than i thought it would be!!

Status
Not open for further replies.