Oregon Scientific Weather Station

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadDad320

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2008
NW New Jersey
Am I the only person monitoring multi tempature locations around the inside and outside the house. I am currently using an Oregon Scientific Model WMR90A. Amoung other functions I can check the temp in 10 different locations. Talk about info overload!!

Attachments

• wmr90a.bmp
    88.9 KB · Views: 289
Nope, you're not the only one.

I have a Lacrosse Technology base station (Weather Channel branded) and 2 smaller base stations along with 3 remote temperature sensors.

All three base stations will read all three remote sensors.

I have the "big" master base station (with rudimentary forecasting and atomic clock) in my office, one smaller readout station in the basement and one in the master bedroom on the 2nd floor.

I have one temp sensor outside, one in the family room on the first floor and one in the basement.

I never thought about it...but now that you mention it...

Do you know if a Lacrosse (Weather Channel) base will read Oregon Scientific remotes? I have some extra stuff lying around I might be able to use.

I have a cheap-o thermometer that I keep in my living room with the probe located in my crawl space by my water pipes. I would love to get something like what you have though- that thing looks really cool.

wilbilt said:
I never thought about it...but now that you mention it...

Do you know if a Lacrosse (Weather Channel) base will read Oregon Scientific remotes? I have some extra stuff lying around I might be able to use.

I don't know. The transmitter units are 915 mhz units.

I have a full weather station that is connected to my PC and graphs/logs weather data inside (four locations) and out. The software also calculates rate of temperature change.

I have a Radio Shack unit I purchased a while back. It has temperature only, a base unit and 3 remotes. This way I can monitor outside temperature while I'm toasty by the pellet stove, and keep an eye on my crawlspace (to watch for freezing pipes) and my water softner in my garage (also watching for freezing pipes). The water softner is in an insulated box with a 24" piece of baseboard heat. The problem is with the pellet stove that baseboard heat does not turn on at all or rarely. for now I keep a close watch on the softner one if it gets real low temps out. I may buy the thermoguard if it starts to get questionable there.

JRB...... I started with a Radio Shack multi remote model. It came with 1 remote and the add-ons were unavailable. A check of the Radio Shack web site product review of the unit confirmed that this was the big gripe about this device. You were fortunate to get the extra remote units. The device works great....... Product support sucked!!!!!

The unit came with one remote and the store happen to have 2 others in stock. Yes I know its rare for them to have the remotes in stock. They were also on sale (probably couldn't sell the remotes) All in all it was a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.