Osburn 1800 insert , Anyone else on this forum have one ?.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. What are your questions? There are a few of these units floatin around here...

Bump. What are your questions? There are a few of these units floatin around here...
I'm looking for someone who has or had this unit, and want to know there personal experience with it. As far as questions,well I want to know
What was the approximate burn time ?
How many splits where in there at one time?.
where you able to keep track of the temperature?,and if yes what type of thermometer? where is the thermometer keep it on the insert? Im new at this and trying to get these bugs out! My main concern is the burn time ,right now as Im typing I just reloaded with Kiln dryed wood ( I know that has very little moisture in it.) and just turned down the damper almost all the way. any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.