Osburn 1800 Insert Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brink

Dec 31, 2008
Western Central New Jersey
Hello all,
I am new to this forum as of today. I purchased an Osburn 1800 insert and my 6 inch liner kit arrived today. I've been searching for help with connecting the flex liner to the top flue outlet of the insert. I have an "appliance adapter" which came with the liner kit. When looking inside the Osburn flue outlet hole there are 3 small stubs of metal that prevent the adapter piece from being pushed down more than 1/2inch into the insert. The adapter fits loosely into the inserts flue outlet with about 1/8 inch of space around the outter edges and will not go into it any further since it hits those 3 stubs. I was told that I can cut the adapter to fit better and to caulk around the outside of it where it meets the insert. I'm wondering if anyone has had a similiar issue and what was done to correct it. Do I need a special Osburn adapter? I emailed Osburn and have not had any replies. The place where I bought the stove passes it off to the place where I bought the liner kit.
Thanks for your anticipated help!

Attachments

• Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.