Osburn 1800i Door Adjustment-Need Instruction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brink

Dec 31, 2008
Western Central New Jersey
Anyone know how to adjust the bay window door on the Osburn 1800 insert? Mine is one week old and I just noticed that when I close the door it rubs on the catch by about 1/32inch or less. I have to use a slight upward pressure on the door in order for the latch to clear the catch so the door closes without it rubbing on the catch. Not sure why this is happening, perhaps after firing it all week it is broken in now. I see the hinge bolts and it looks simple to do but I'm hoping someone has already done it may be able to clue me in on a way to keep it simple. Can I loosen the bottom hinge only, to adjust the door up or do I need to loosen both hinges?

Status
Not open for further replies.