Osburn 2000 insert heat activated blower - what temp should it activate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kallsop

Jan 27, 2011
North Central CT
Still learning how to get the most out of my Osburn 2000 insert. The blower seems to activate somewhere close to 275F according to my stove top thermometer which I think is higher than necessary. Is that about right or do I have a defective thermodisk. If it is working, does anyone sell a compatible substitution part with a lower temperature activation?

That seems to be a pretty good temperature for it to activate. It is designed to cut in when the firebox can handle the cooling effect the blower has on it. Any lower and the fire could sruggle to get to the temperatures required for good secondary burns. This would defeat the purpose it was designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.