Osburn 2200 or 2400?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lab tests are not going to be back for at least 6 to 7 weeks. Things move slowly in canuck country :)

The pick up crew is expected to arrive here betwen 4 and 5 p.m today.....does anyone know how I can attach a link to the dealer's web site? They no longer carry osburn. If you guys were able to see the other brands they carry...well your two cents is worth a million bucks to me!

I'll give you $.02 for a million all day long ;-P

I think you just need to type the complete address in or cut and paste from your browser and it will show up as a link. If that doesn't work, we'll still have the address.

Bozlee said:
The lab tests are not going to be back for at least 6 to 7 weeks. Things move slowly in canuck country :)

The pick up crew is expected to arrive here betwen 4 and 5 p.m today.....does anyone know how I can attach a link to the dealer's web site? They no longer carry osburn. If you guys were able to see the other brands they carry...well your two cents is worth a million bucks to me!

copy and paste

iceman said:
Bozlee said:

copy and paste

Go to Alsips.com Should take you to Alsips Industrial Producs.... bottom right of page you'll find thier wood stove line..thanks guys :)

Bozlee said:
iceman said:
Bozlee said:

copy and paste

Go to Alsips.com Should take you to Alsips Industrial Producs.... bottom right of page you'll find thier wood stove line..thanks guys :)
Quadra-fire?
Never heard of them.... :p just kidding....
MSG The floor is now yours....

Bozlee:
It would be funny if your dealer or someone high up at the new owners of Osburn were checking out things at the hearth .com

GVA said:
Bozlee said:
iceman said:
Bozlee said:

copy and paste

Quadra-fire?
Never heard of them.... :p just kidding....
MSG The floor is now yours....

Bozlee:
It would be funny if your dealer or someone high up at the new owners of Osburn were checking out things at the hearth .com

That would be very funny indeed :) Well it's gone ! Right now traveling down some lonesome highway on the back of someone's truck. All there is to do now is sat back and see what happens...tried posting some pics but it's not working. Wanted to share with ya'll my nemesis being hauled away :) one tin soldier rides away :p

I have watched this thread for a few weeks now, and i tell you i dont have a clue, amazing i tell ya,
boz, you thinking about a quad?

Looks like a Quad is the only good option there.

In the link it looks like all they carry for wood are Quads.
You guy's can steer her right as to what she requires I'm sure.
BUT CAN WE START A NEW THREAD HERE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSEEEE :cheese:

MountainStoveGuy said:
I have watched this thread for a few weeks now, and i tell you i dont have a clue, amazing i tell ya,
boz, you thinking about a quad?

Don't really know what I am thinking about at this point. The stove is now back at the retailer and I'll just have to wait and see how that plays out. Who knows.. they might find the problem and be able to fix it and I get the same stove back or they can't find and fix the problem and I have to get a new one. If we have to go the new route you can be sure that I will not make a decision on what kind until I get advice from all you good folks here at this forum. So until I hear back from Alsips we'll just hang tight. And YES...when the word comes down I will post it on a new thread......but then again...maybe we can work towards a guiness world record for the longest thread ever :) Naw not a good idea :p

Thanks again ya'll...you have been amazing help to me !

I can just hear the comments back at the dealer...

Oh yeah, I remember that puppy. Isn't that the rusted Osburn we repainted with that experimental, hi-temp, grease paint? So what's the problem, she looks great?

Hello All...recieved an e mail from my dealerthis morning with an update on my stove. He says that I had the wrong door gasket on the stove. The original gasket came off and the manufacturer sent me a new 7/8 gasket which I installed. Not sure what the dealer means by this. Those of you with the osburn 2200 baywood...what size gasket do you have on your doors? The dealer also says that the "baffle on the top of the unit is out of place thereby choking down the flue passage". Can any of you tell me how this baffle could have come out of place? From the time the stove was installed it was not moved, climbed on etc. Your insight on this will be most helpfull because the dealler wants us to come to the shop and look at the stove and the repairs he's done before shipping it back out here. With your input I'll at least sound like I know what I'm talking about when I go there.

One other thing.....when the fellow came to pick up the stove from our place....he tipped it over and laid it on it's back to move it onto his dolly. Could this have moved the baffle? This question is important, because if that is what could have moved the baffle then that would not be cause for our dirt problem in the house. From the time we originally picked up the stove and had it installed it was never in anything but the upright position.

I do not want this stove brought back here unless I can be as sure as possible that whatever the problem was has been corrected.

Thanks everyone

My answer on laying the stove down is "Darn right that could/would move the baffle".

As to the gasket, the one Osburn currently sells for the 2200 is 7/8"

http://www.osburn-mfg.com/accessories.aspx?CategoId=18

EDIT: I just looked at the manual for that stove. It has two ceramic fiber boards in the baffle with firebrick under them. I don't see how they could have laid that stove over without destroying those ceramic fiber boards when the bricks started banging around up there!

BrotherBart said:
My answer on laying the stove down is "Darn right that could/would move the baffle".

EDIT: I just looked at the manual for that stove. It has two ceramic fiber boards in the baffle with firebrick under them. I don't see how they could have laid that stove over without destroying those ceramic fiber boards when the bricks started banging around up there!

Oh boy BrotherBart...I just knew this was the answer I was going to get back ! I had a bad feeling when this guy haulked the stove over to the edge of the heart and then laid it down on it's back side (door facing up). The stove also took quite a jostle when he dragged it up the ramp to his van and then had to jump bump it into place. My huge worry is that the dealer will assume the moved baffle was the cause of our problem when in fact that could have happened during the move and something altogether different is the real cause of our dirt issue.

Thanks for your answer...now I am going to send it "word for word" to my dealer if you don't mind. And the beat goes on !

Bozlee said:
BrotherBart said:

Oh boy BrotherBart...I just knew this was the answer I was going to get back ! I had a bad feeling when this guy haulked the stove over to the edge of the heart and then laid it down on it's back side (door facing up). The stove also took quite a jostle when he dragged it up the ramp to his van and then had to jump bump it into place. My huge worry is that the dealer will assume the moved baffle was the cause of our problem when in fact that could have happened during the move and something altogether different is the real cause of our dirt issue.

Thanks for your answer...now I am going to send it "word for word" to my dealer if you don't mind. And the beat goes on !

he should have the stove somewhere in the back of the shop try the plastic thing again at his shop but the gasket thing does sound like a possibilty especially if the one you had wasn't the right one thats the only place something should get out of the stove?????
but tell him to bring your new stove already this is going on to long you have a house to heat!!! so "BRING MY NEW STOVE NOW!!!!" and tell him your"network"
is behind you .... we can all take pictures and send it to you so he can see how many of us there are:)

GVA said:
I still think we should do the online autopsy :cheese:

I'm feelin kinda bad that I'm cheatin you outa the autopsy...

BrotherBart...... how many photos do you think it will take to get a me new stove :) New stove sound very fine to me :p

Bozlee said:
GVA said:

BrotherBart...... how many photos do you think it will take to get a me new stove :) New stove sound very fine to me :p
How do you know that BrotherBart's not the one who picked up the stove from your place ;-P HA HA HA let the autopsy begin........

Bozlee said:
GVA said:

Just one. Of the store owner in a, ah, compromising situation.

Happy New Year All

Well the stove is back in my house as of yesterday, not sure how I'm feeling about that. What did they do to it? Good Question?

They test burnt in their show room for almost two weeks and claimed it was burning fine with no smoke emissions coming out of it anywhere. But then I never saw any smoke emissions at anytime either so not sure what that determined?

They put a new gasket on it which they claim is a 7/8 inch but I think it's more like a two inch! This thing is so fat it almost oozes out of the door. But there is a tight seal door to stove now that's for sure! They cleaned and re adjusted the baffles which they claim where all carboned up. And they extended the chimney on the roof by another three feet. We test burnt it for about three hours after it was re-installed and no nasties appeared on walls or windows. The installer they sent was very good and seemed to really know his stuff. He said that even before he added the three foot chimney extension we had a good draft going on. He said our fresh air intake was fine and could see no issues anywhere.

Tonight will be the big test! Going down to -41 Celsius and we'll be loading her up and setting her alight. Will get the de-greaser out in the morning and if I see so much as one smudge of greasy soot anywhere...well you'll feel the earth shake down below the border :)

Will report back tomorrow

Bozlee said:
Happy New Year All

Well the stove is back in my house as of yesterday, not sure how I'm feeling about that. What did they do to it? Good Question?

They test burnt in their show room for almost two weeks and claimed it was burning fine with no smoke emissions coming out of it anywhere. But then I never saw any smoke emissions at anytime either so not sure what that determined?

They put a new gasket on it which they claim is a 7/8 inch but I think it's more like a two inch! This thing is so fat it almost oozes out of the door. But there is a tight seal door to stove now that's for sure! They cleaned and re adjusted the baffles which they claim where all carboned up. And they extended the chimney on the roof by another three feet. We test burnt it for about three hours after it was re-installed and no nasties appeared on walls or windows. The installer they sent was very good and seemed to really know his stuff. He said that even before he added the three foot chimney extension we had a good draft going on. He said our fresh air intake was fine and could see no issues anywhere.

Tonight will be the big test! Going down to -41 Celsius and we'll be loading her up and setting her alight. Will get the de-greaser out in the morning and if I see so much as one smudge of greasy soot anywhere...well you'll feel the earth shake down below the border :)

Will report back tomorrow

can't wait this 2 month long post has my anxiety level up high!!!

You will have deprived Corie of the autopsy!!!

let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.