Osburn 2200 vs Lopi Endeavor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiff

Nov 13, 2013
west coast
So I have a couple of stoves that I recently saw for sale in the classifieds. The osburn 2200 in 2008 and has the gold trim window. It appears to be in good shape from what I saw. The sellers say they switched to a pellet stove recently. I saw a Lopi Endeavor for sale that is also 4-5 years old as well, don't know why they are selling. Are these two stoves comparable in quality, reputation and burn capabilities. The Osburn bay windows looks nice. the Lopi has a damper plate built in to the stove. The Osburn has a ash pan, the Lopi I don't think does. Any feedback on either of these stoves would be appreciated. If both seem to be in good to very good condition, what would you offer for them?

I'm a little more partial to the Endeavor because of the bypass and square firebox, but they are both fine stoves. The Osburn has a little larger (.2 cu ft) firebox and bay window if that makes a difference. As long as they are in good shape and not abused either stove would heat well. The question is does it fit your needs best for size of stove, etc.?

So is the quality of both about the same or is one looked upon as a stronger stove? Is one considered more of a maintenance stove than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.