Osburn 2200i or Quadra-fire Bodega insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edmtgs

Sep 2, 2006
Hello All,

I am in the market for a woodburning insert , I have a high ranch 2200 sq ft with a mansonry fireplace down stairs in area around 650 sq ft. I have narrowed it down to the osburn 2200 i and the Quadra-fire Bodega Bay since I like the Bay window design.

Can you guys let me know which do you think is a better manufactured product? I see many Quadra-fires out there not so many Osburns and somethings telling me to go with Osburn, any input would be great.

Tks Ed

edmtgs said:
Hello All,

I am in the market for a woodburning insert , I have a high ranch 2200 sq ft with a mansonry fireplace down stairs in area around 650 sq ft. I have narrowed it down to the osburn 2200 i and the Quadra-fire Bodega Bay since I like the Bay window design.

Can you guys let me know which do you think is a better manufactured product? I see many Quadra-fires out there not so many Osburns and somethings telling me to go with Osburn, any input would be great.

Tks Ed

Hi Ed.

I own an Osburn 1800i and am not very familiar with the Quadra-fire. I looked at the Quad 2700i when looking for my stove, and I was impressed with the build quality of it. That said I'm also impressed with the build quality of the Osburn. The Osburn is cheaper, but the Quad is a touch bigger.

I like my Osburn and would reccomend it to anyone (the 2200i is just a slightly larger version of the 1800i.)
I like the look of the surround that Osburn uses a bit better, but that's my taste. My only complaint is that the glass requires frequent cleaning to keep it crystal clear, but I like the glass to be perfectly clean. If using really dry wood I think it would do well, but now and then a wet peice would go in the stove, and it's almost instant black mark. A hot fire would get it clearer though.

My 1800i heats most of my 2200 sqft two story except the basement. With either stove, you'll really like the bay window. It really gives a much better view of the fire than any other design. Lots of glass also means lots of radiant heat out the front. the other thing of note...On epa test wood the Quad shows higher BTU output. I believe it's a slightly more efficient stove.

Either will do what you need. I'd say pick the one you like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.