Osburn 2400 draft control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShockSniper

Dec 29, 2012
I have an Osburn 2400. This is the second winter I've used it and it works great! My question is about the draft control. It is very hard to push in. Is that normal? when I'm at work it's too hard for my wife to push it in. Do I need to do something to it. I didn't think i would be a good idea to use WD40 or anything else. The manual doesn't have anything in it other then how to operate. The unit works fine as far as I can tell. Nothing looks warped or broken. Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Joel

I had that with a stove. I used graphite (powder) lubricant. A good hardware store should carry it. Clean it good first. Especially if it is threaded.

MnDave

Reactions: firefighterjake
Welcome Joel. The air control shouldn't be that stiff. Sounds like something is binding. Look under the stove and visually inspect the air control and linkage. Look to see if there is a loose screw on the guide bracket that is causing it to bind. If no luck, start a conversation with FyreBug. He works for Osburn.

I have a 2300 and it is pretty stiff as well. Some graphite helped immensely. It is a simple push rod that loses the lube over time....at least that it was I was able to determine. But I am uncertain if a 2400 is like that.

A

Status
Not open for further replies.