Osburn 2400 or High Valley 1600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roscolo

Aug 29, 2006
OK, I was pretty set on the Osburn 2400 (see my house specs in previous post: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/2931/

I went to a dealer just up the road and he had a High Valley 1600. High Valley was formerly XTEC. Looks like a good stove, I just can't find any reviews anywhere other than 1 review on hearth.com and a friend of mine who has a big XTEC equivalent to High Valley 2500. Hoping someone here doesn't mind checking the specs of this stove and giving me a clue if this would work for me. I still like the larger firebox and outstanding reviews of the Osburn, but the High Valley looks like a hoss as well.

Here's the link to the High Valley specs:

http://www.highvalleystoves.com/start.shtml

Osburn 2400 specs:

http://www.osburn-mfg.com/product.aspx?CategoId=1&Id=243

And if I can find a QuadraFire dealer nearby, I'm going to get some pricing on the 4300 and 5700 models.

Hope to make a decision this week. A big thanks to whomever feels like taking the time to look at all this. Happy Labor Day.... I'm spending the rest of mine cutting wood!

looks like the closed quad dealerto you is 47 miles away! I cant realy give you to much info about the other brands, if you have any quad specific questions i would be happy to help.

I like I have read about the Quads. Really the only thing I'm missing on the Quads is the price for the 4300 and 5700. If you have an idea of the estimated cost of these I would appreciate it. Of course, I'll give a dealer a ring tomorrow.

which 4300? they make a millenium and a version with legs, the millenium is a pedeastal version that cost less then the legs. I can post prices tommorrow when i go to work.

Wow , impressive . 5700 Specifications

Heating Capacity: up to 3,500 sq. ft.
Maximum Log Length: 24”
Firebox Capacity: 3.44 cubic feet
EPA Certified: 4.13 grams/hour
Efficiency: 76%
Weight (body only): 515lbs. There is a big difference between the 4300 with gph. "EPA Certified: 1.2 grams/hour"

I own an Osburn 2200. I have had the stove for 3 years and have had no problems. We have installed the optional blower and it works very well. Our home is approximately 2200 sq ft of living space and the stove has no problems heating the home. A full firebox of seasoned maple with full draft the stove radiates a tremendous amount of heat. We load the stove at night with maple and by morning the stove is still hot to the touch and there is always a full bed of hot embers. With properly seasoned wood the glass stays very clean with the occasional wipe needed to remove ash. Temperatures here in New Brunswick, Canada in the winter are from 32F down to 0F

We looked at pacific energy stoves as well as vermont casting and drolet. We ended up with this stove since we liked the bay window, EPA efficiency (without catalytic), firebox size (18" logs) and the quality of the stove.

IMO overall, you would be very happy purchasing this stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.