Osburn 2400's sold out!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Frost

Hi I to ordered the 2400 way back in November. Well worth the wait. I received my last fri what a great stove. Did the install myself turned out great!

Reactions: Huntindog1
20141223_181816.jpg Not sure how to rotate it the right way. But here is a pic of my Osburn 2400 what a great stove! Now waiting for the hardwood floor I ordered back in November. They say first week in January. Made my own hearth pad as well. Sure hope I planned it right. Plan is to have it level with the hardwood when it's all done

That's a good looking woodstove.

Oh no. That is way above my skill level for working on houses. Besides I procrastinate to much on home projects.

You have a good start and it will look great when your done.

Yeah well thanks to this forum plus online info I did the total install. Right down to cutting a hole in roof for chimney. That was scary! Lucky for me I must have done good, it passed the WETT inspection. I have done tile work before but not much of a carpenter. Never installed hardwood floor before but I've installed the laminate flooring.

Had my first "normal" fire last night with the 2400 after my break in's. Got up to about 600 on the stove top and i had to open all the windows in the house because it was getting too hot (it was only like 50 degrees last night). Still have a little of that paint curing smell.

Question, when you put in a new load on top of your kindling coals how long do you leave the door open to make sure the new wood catches? Do you wait for a certain temp or do you just eyeball it? I kind of leave the door cracked and "blast furnace" it until i see it's lit and then i shut the door and adjust the air accordingly. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly but it seems to be working.

I think your method is working great! I normally wait until I think it's "blast furnace" mode and then close the doors. Perhaps 2-7 minutes depending on the size of the reload and the size of the coal bed.

Andrew

I received mine about 3 weeks ago and it's in the garage while I wait to install. My original salesperson was a guy named Jack. Funny thing is I received an email about two weeks ago from Jack saying they were sending the stove and thanks for waiting. I call Osburn and get a message machine that says to leave my number, which I did. They never called back. Meanwhile I forgot about it and last week the freight company calls to arrange delivery. I told them I already have a stove. I call back Osburn and get the machine again. I leave a message telling them I need to speak to someone ASAP. Again no phone call back. Next day the freight company calls back and asks when I can accept the stove. I tell them I have a stove, and that someone screwed up at Osburn. I check my credit card account, and sure enough I only paid for one stove. I call back Osburn, and again a machine. Another day goes by. I call again and I leave a message saying I am receiving a second stove I haven't paid for and if they don't call back I'm accepting it. Well, 2 minutes later someone calls! I tell him (his name is Jack) what I should do. He says to refuse the stove. I tell him I have and the freight company needs Osburn to call them. So he takes my information and says he will handle it. I said to him, "alright, so I saved you about $2000 on a stove I hadn't paid for, can you do me one favor? I now have my new stove and my 2 year old 2400 insert that I bought from you. Can you send me two stovetop thermometers for them and we ll call it even?" He says he doesn't have any, but I can probably go to Home Depot and they'll probably have them. I love my Osburn stoves, but I think their stoves are better then their customer service!

I received mine about 3 weeks ago and it's in the garage while I wait to install. My original salesperson was a guy named Jack. Funny thing is I received an email about two weeks ago from Jack saying they were sending the stove and thanks for waiting. I call Osburn and get a message machine that says to leave my number, which I did. They never called back. Meanwhile I forgot about it and last week the freight company calls to arrange delivery. I told them I already have a stove. I call back Osburn and get the machine again. I leave a message telling them I need to speak to someone ASAP. Again no phone call back. Next day the freight company calls back and asks when I can accept the stove. I tell them I have a stove, and that someone screwed up at Osburn. I check my credit card account, and sure enough I only paid for one stove. I call back Osburn, and again a machine. Another day goes by. I call again and I leave a message saying I am receiving a second stove I haven't paid for and if they don't call back I'm accepting it. Well, 2 minutes later someone calls! I tell him (his name is Jack) what I should do. He says to refuse the stove. I tell him I have and the freight company needs Osburn to call them. So he takes my information and says he will handle it. I said to him, "alright, so I saved you about $2000 on a stove I hadn't paid for, can you do me one favor? I now have my new stove and my 2 year old 2400 insert that I bought from you. Can you send me two stovetop thermometers for them and we ll call it even?" He says he doesn't have any, but I can probably go to Home Depot and they'll probably have them. I love my Osburn stoves, but I think their stoves are better then their customer service!
That is too bad the service wasn't great. They may be overwhelmed since they are back ordered. It's not an excuse, just a reason. I also think customer service depends on who you speak with, what they ate for lunch, how's their personal life, etc etc. It shouldn't but it does.

I had a bad smell coming from my stove the year I bought it. They agreed to take it back for testing. They tested it, admitted I was right and sent me a new stove. 3 years later they sent me a free door gasket and high temperature glue...for free!!

Andrew

Believe me, I'm not trash talking them. I was just relaying an experience I had. The Osburn stoves I have are excellant. I would encourage anyone to buy one. Top quality and throws tons of heat! I am also sure in the middle of the burning season that they're running around like chickens with their heads cut off! I've also read on this forum a few people who have had issues and Osburn has come through for them.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Very nicely done livefast. I like your hearth.

Thanks begreen. Just didn't like any of the prefabricated ones. So decided to build my own. Plus this way I could make it level with the hardwood floor. Should arrive mid Jan. I'll post pic once I get it all done. Don't get back from Mexico till 18th of Jan so I won't get it installed till Feb

I ordered my 2400 insert the first week in October - was set to be delivered in a week. Then I got the message that that one was damaged, and they needed to wait for a new shipment. ETA Finally became Thanksgiving - ish. Finally, got the shipping info- and was expected the first week of December. However, the shipping company screwed this up twice- sending it to the wrong distribution center, and then again wrong location. Finally delivered last week- which they ended up putting on top of the steps near the garage, rather than curb side (least they could do- but I am grateful for 1 less set of steps.) Self installed Christmas eve and full fires burning now- great stove, lasts the full night. I do need to put in a 30 or 45 elbow as my ss liner makes a bit of a twist over and back to get to the stove. If I do the 45, I can then make sweeping a bit easier. This replaced a dutchwest, which never lasted the night, and couldn't keep up with the cold mid winters- which now I can see I will not have any issues with anymore. Now, if it would just get cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.