Osburn 2400's sold out!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold weather is just starting to hit here. It will head cross country soon.

Reactions: Alan W
Glad to hear you finally got your stove! They sure can heat up the house really fast! Cold Weather here for the first time since I installed it. Down to -25c going down to-27c tonight they say. That would be about -17f
Finally get to have more then a couple sticks in it at once! !

Glad everyone is enjoying their stove. My experience with SBI was pretty much the same as everyone else's. But now that it is installed I can attest that it is one heck of a heater. Of course, since installation it hasn't been below 45, and today was 60!

Just got minus 27c wow sure cold outside! Stove is pumping out the heat! House is hot inside :) wife says it's too hot in here ha ha.
20141227_225817-1.jpg20141227_230405-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always crack open a window! But I wouldn't! Just put shorts on!

Ordered a Matrix insert in mid-October. Not delivered yet. I regret tremendously not having cancelled the whole kit and kaboodle back in November when the mantra about "it's being built and will be shipped by this Friday" started. Months and months later with the same song and dance every week about "No really, it's shipping this Friday, we promise...this time!" and no stove in sight. Good thing the winter hasn't been terrible down here thus far...but with the whole family sick as dogs and huddling around the empty hole of a fireplace with freezing temps later this week, I think we will be using the Osburn name in vain repeatedly.

So, if others take anything away from this, buy your stoves in July and don't believe someone after the 6th time they say, "seriously, it is being built this week and will ship very soon!"

Cheers

Oh crap, that stinks! You're waiting since mid October? Can you fit an Osburn 2400 insert in there, because I can attest to how much heat it throws!

Oh crap, that stinks! You're waiting since mid October? Can you fit an Osburn 2400 insert in there, because I can attest to how much heat it throws!

Indeed, it stinks. As I type sitting here watch our first significant snow fall and think that when my daughter comes in from playing in the snow that we will have that empty fireplace, well, I blame myself. I should have cancelled the order months ago and simply gone with an available alternative manufacturer and model. Even IF the 2400 would be a good fit (which it is not due to our need for a flush insert) I honestly do not trust Osburn and especially the reseller that I have been dealing with. I'm simply a fool to have kept my order and money in with them since October when I've been promised no less than 7 weeks in a row that this would absolutely be the week that I receive the stove.

Cheers

P.S. Within minutes of posting this, the freight company called to arrange delivery of the insert tomorrow. May be a bit of work with the snowpack, but better than the alternative. Well I'll Be...

Last edited:
Reactions: Schmev
Indeed, it stinks. As I type sitting here watch our first significant snow fall and think that when my daughter comes in from playing in the snow that we will have that empty fireplace, well, I blame myself. I should have cancelled the order months ago and simply gone with an available alternative manufacturer and model. Even IF the 2400 would be a good fit (which it is not due to our need for a flush insert) I honestly do not trust Osburn and especially the reseller that I have been dealing with. I'm simply a fool to have kept my order and money in with them since October when I've been promised no less than 7 weeks in a row that this would absolutely be the week that I receive the stove.

Cheers

P.S. Within minutes of posting this, the freight company called to arrange delivery of the insert tomorrow. May be a bit of work with the snowpack, but better than the alternative. Well I'll Be...
NEVER GIVE UP! lol.

SBI (Osburn) are extremely overwhelmed this year. At least you got it as the first big cold snap hits. WHere are you in the mid atlantic?

Reactions: TEConnor
NEVER GIVE UP! lol.

SBI (Osburn) are extremely overwhelmed this year. At least you got it as the first big cold snap hits. WHere are you in the mid atlantic?

We're in Maryland...Washington suburbs. Not the coldest place, but the freezing temps the past few days have really made this whole ordeal feel a lot worse. To rub salt in the wounds, I write this post at 6:30 pm as I wait for the Stove to be delivered...the surly driver just called and asked if I wanted to reschedule for tomorrow. ARGH! This after I took the day off and have been sitting here staring out the window since 9 am. I am officially a fool. At this rate, I'm 100% certain that it will be damaged or a wrong model that shows up! LOL. Either that or the gate won't work and I'll have to catch it.

Cheers

Reactions: Swedishchef
Keep us posted.

IF by this summer you have not received it, I'll sell you my 2300 and go to the factory to get my own new one ;)

Andrew

Thanks for the generous offer! :) Thankfully I do not have to take you up on it.

As of 7:30 pm last night, I am in possession of the Osburn Matrix insert. The driver was most apologetic, so there's that. Had a buddy on hand to help with wheeling it in and uncrate it. Took an hour to reverse the door, but that was fatigue. It's an impressive hunk of steel! Substantial and well put together for sure. We will have it up and running by the weekend (well, breaking in at least). Very much looking forward to seeing it in action, although now that I'm looking at it, I'm a little concerned that I've got more stove than I need. Ha! Is that like reverse buyers remorse? I'm still reluctant to say the three month wait and teeth gnashing have been worth it...not until I've burned overnight at least.

Cheers

Thanks for the generous offer! :) Thankfully I do not have to take you up on it.

As of 7:30 pm last night, I am in possession of the Osburn Matrix insert. The driver was most apologetic, so there's that. Had a buddy on hand to help with wheeling it in and uncrate it. Took an hour to reverse the door, but that was fatigue. It's an impressive hunk of steel! Substantial and well put together for sure. We will have it up and running by the weekend (well, breaking in at least). Very much looking forward to seeing it in action, although now that I'm looking at it, I'm a little concerned that I've got more stove than I need. Ha! Is that like reverse buyers remorse? I'm still reluctant to say the three month wait and teeth gnashing have been worth it...not until I've burned overnight at least.

Cheers
Now install the damn thing so you can burn! Pics for us, beer for you and everyone is happy!

Andrew

Reactions: TEConnor
I forgot to mention: look on the back of the stove and check out the date it was manufactured. I bet they could have even engraved your name on it! Hot off the press.

Andrew

Now install the damn thing so you can burn! Pics for us, beer for you and everyone is happy!

Andrew

Matrix Inaugural Burn.jpg

Installed and firing like a beaut. Inaugural burn from this am. Great stove. Only complaint on quality so far was the need to tap for number of sheet screws (mostly for the surround, not pictured). Very well made. Looking forward to many long, warm burns.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is I pic of my Osburn 2400 with the hardwood floor finally installed! Did the total install myself. Turned out great! Thanks guys for all the help and support.
20150306_103358-1.jpg

Absolutely love it!!! Really transformed the living room! Only one problem, living room was getting to hot so I removed the living room/kitchen wall. Much better now! Heat the whole house plus garage! They even heat through out the whole house now. Best part is not having to use electric furnace any more. Hydro bill was under a hundred dollars for the coldest month. (Hot water drier and lights. Plus plugged car in lots that month)

To even out if you still get hot turn the blower on your electric heat. Would that work? It would move air around and the shut off as needed.

To even out if you still get hot turn the blower on your electric heat. Would that work? It would move air around and the shut off as needed.
Yeah I was doing that before I removed the wall. But we planning an addition this summer any how so taking the wall out will open up the house and look better when the kitchen gets its addition done.

Yeah I was doing that before I removed the wall. But we planning an addition this summer any how so taking the wall out will open up the house and look better when the kitchen gets its addition done.
Glad to hear you're loving the stove!

The 2400 (and 2300) are amazing heaters. If they are not in a large open space, they become an oven. You'll bake yourself out of the room. I have a TV in my stove room (it's in the basement) and if I give the stove 5-6 pieces of hardwood while the kids are watching TV, their faces get red and they retreat upstairs.

I can't believe you took down the wall..now THAT's stove dedication! :)

Any regrets having to wait for the delivery? :)

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.