1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Osburn 45 MF over heating

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by chumlee, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chumlee

chumlee New Member

Loc:
    New Mexico
    Hello all! Hoping someone can help me out with my problem. Just installed an Osburn Hybrid 45 MF pellet stove. I will light it and it runs ok for about 20 minutes and then it will stop feeding pellets, turn off give the O code, which according to the manual is overheating. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening.

Thanks,

Chumlee

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    If the convection fan doesn't start or is failing (or the convection air path is blocked), most pellet stoves will quickly overheat unless they are at a very low setting.
  3. dave1966

dave1966 Member

Loc:
    south jersey
    i had same problem was the over heat safety switch replaced ran fine
  4. pete324rocket

pete324rocket Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    albert county, new brunswick
    That is probable.
  5. Fsappo

Fsappo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central NY
    Try jumping the limit switch. Could just be a bad switch there. If the switch does turn out to be the problem, dont continue using the stove, shut it down and replace the part first. I'm assuming this is a new stove? If it is, I would have the local retailer you bought the stove come out and look at it. If it was just installed, even the snap disks etc, should have a 1 year parts and labor warranty.
  6. pete324rocket

pete324rocket Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    albert county, new brunswick
    The microprocessor of the stove is giving the error code of what it "sees". This would be the result of "input to its sensors". Similar to all S.B.I. stoves. When people give advice ,do they really know? or just pretend to know?
  7. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Correction, the microprocessor is giving an error code based upon what some human says it sees. The error code could also be the result of a bad microprocessor or "ppp" (piss poor programming) or a bad sensor.

ETA: Or the controller is correct and the sensor did indeed see an over heat condition.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.