Osburn 45 MF over heating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chumlee

Dec 18, 2010
New Mexico
Hello all! Hoping someone can help me out with my problem. Just installed an Osburn Hybrid 45 MF pellet stove. I will light it and it runs ok for about 20 minutes and then it will stop feeding pellets, turn off give the O code, which according to the manual is overheating. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening.

Thanks,

Chumlee

chumlee said:
Hello all! Hoping someone can help me out with my problem. Just installed an Osburn Hybrid 45 MF pellet stove. I will light it and it runs ok for about 20 minutes and then it will stop feeding pellets, turn off give the O code, which according to the manual is overheating. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening.

Thanks,

Chumlee

If the convection fan doesn't start or is failing (or the convection air path is blocked), most pellet stoves will quickly overheat unless they are at a very low setting.

Try jumping the limit switch. Could just be a bad switch there. If the switch does turn out to be the problem, dont continue using the stove, shut it down and replace the part first. I'm assuming this is a new stove? If it is, I would have the local retailer you bought the stove come out and look at it. If it was just installed, even the snap disks etc, should have a 1 year parts and labor warranty.

The microprocessor of the stove is giving the error code of what it "sees". This would be the result of "input to its sensors". Similar to all S.B.I. stoves. When people give advice ,do they really know? or just pretend to know?

pete324rocket said:
The microprocessor of the stove is giving the error code of what it "sees". This would be the result of "input to its sensors". Similar to all S.B.I. stoves. When people give advice ,do they really know? or just pretend to know?

Correction, the microprocessor is giving an error code based upon what some human says it sees. The error code could also be the result of a bad microprocessor or "ppp" (piss poor programming) or a bad sensor.

ETA: Or the controller is correct and the sensor did indeed see an over heat condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.