osburn baffle board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loooooooop

Sep 12, 2013
Hello everyone. I have an osburn 2200 insert and need to replace the board above the fire bricks. It's made out of vermiculite (at least thats how i think it's spelled!) and i was wondering if I should place some ceramic wool in there as well. The manual says nothing about any wool but I noticed some stoves have both the board and the wool. Any thoughts?

Actually, I think it should have two layers of board. Mine has a thicker 1"? high density board with a 1/2 inch lower density board on top. Between the two there isn't much room for anything else.

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to know you have the same stove as well. What I have in there is pretty thin, maybe half inch. It's also falling apart! I was going to order some off line that is 1.25 inches thick and can be cut to size. Guess they gave me the wrong stuff when they installed it...Anyways, how do you like your stove?

I also have firebrick in my baffle. Maybe what I need to do is just replace the baffle insulation above the brick. Any thoughts, anybody?

Loooooop - that's what I have (the older 2200 with baffle bricks). I broke one of the thin boards a couple years ago ( careless when cleaning out the stove). I just went to a local stove dealer who happened to have replacements in stock. You have to buy the pair afaik - cant just buy 1, at least that's what I was told. They are pretty fragile (especially when 100 lb dog runs over one).

Status
Not open for further replies.