Osburn G2D gas fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Dolan

Burning Hunk
Apr 7, 2012
SW Ontario
I have a Osburn direct vent gas fireplace and have had for about 15 years. It is a backup heat source for a summer kitchen, my issue is the 2 stage fan is pretty noisy and was wondering if anyone has one of these and any ideas on the noise issue.
Kevin

I have a Osburn direct vent gas fireplace and have had for about 15 years. It is a backup heat source for a summer kitchen, my issue is the 2 stage fan is pretty noisy and was wondering if anyone has one of these and any ideas on the noise issue.
Kevin

The main reason fans get noisy is the accumulation of dust & pet hair on the blades & axles. Have you cleaned it?

The main reason fans get noisy is the accumulation of dust & pet hair on the blades & axles. Have you cleaned it?
Bob I have tried to clean it but will take it apart and try to do a better job. I will also look at the mounting screws. This is a Canadian made fireplace so do not know of many other people who own them.
Thanks for your suggestion and will follow up after cleaning.
Kevin

Bob I have tried to clean it but will take it apart and try to do a better job. I will also look at the mounting screws. This is a Canadian made fireplace so do not know of many other people who own them.
Thanks for your suggestion and will follow up after cleaning.
Kevin

If it's a vibration issue causing the your noise, you can try mounting some rubber washers or tape gasket material between the blower & the mounting surface, BEFORE you tighten the fasteners...

Status
Not open for further replies.