Osburn Maxtrix Update!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

imalovesmax

Oct 17, 2009
Western Washington
We used our new Matrix all Winter long and it did a great job. If we still lived in a frigid climate I don't think this would have heated our house as well as our beloved Hearthstone Clyde, but in the PNW, the Maxtrix performed well. The fan/blower on the Maxtrix is not as loud or powerful as the Clyde, but again, worked well in the new house and new climate.

Having the chimney in the center of the house was the best surprise ever - I don't know that our 2nd story and remodeled attic on the 3rd floor would have gotten warm except for the center chimney. Nice and toasty. The wood we bought late in the season also turned out to burn nicely and we already bought 3 cords of hard wood for next year, all stacked and blowing in the wind.

Bottom line, great purchase but if my house was a little bigger and had an outside chimney, we would buy the Clyde again over the sleek Matrix.

Hope everyone has been nice and toasty this Winter!

We used our new Matrix all Winter long and it did a great job. If we still lived in a frigid climate I don't think this would have heated our house as well as our beloved Hearthstone Clyde, but in the PNW, the Maxtrix performed well. The fan/blower on the Maxtrix is not as loud or powerful as the Clyde, but again, worked well in the new house and new climate.

Having the chimney in the center of the house was the best surprise ever - I don't know that our 2nd story and remodeled attic on the 3rd floor would have gotten warm except for the center chimney. Nice and toasty. The wood we bought late in the season also turned out to burn nicely and we already bought 3 cords of hard wood for next year, all stacked and blowing in the wind.

Bottom line, great purchase but if my house was a little bigger and had an outside chimney, we would buy the Clyde again over the sleek Matrix.

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. It's a very attractive unit.

Nice... love the look of the Matrix. Any pics?

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear it's working out well for you. What kind of hardwood did you end up finding?

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear it's working out well for you. What kind of hardwood did you end up finding?

We ended up with a mixed lot of hardwood and pine that we burned this winter and got (a month ago) nearly 3 cords of cherry wood for next year. We bought from the same guy as the first round as we were very satisfied with what we got so late in the season. The cherry is all stacked and getting seasoned up for next winter!

I have to say, I know that pine is often frowned upon but I loved using it to get the fire going hot and fast in the morning!

Attachments

• Snowball warming up.jpg
    Snowball warming up.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 176
  • matrix_install.jpg
    matrix_install.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 170
Reactions: jeffesonm
Pine, doug fir, and hemlock are common firewoods in western WA. As long as they are properly seasoned they burn fine.

Reactions: imalovesmax
Status
Not open for further replies.