osburn question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pict

Sep 1, 2007
oklahoma
The new osburn 2200 stove is now installed in my house, all except the fresh air kit, which will be installed soon.
I've a question for you knowledgeable people: the firebricks in the owners manual do not match the sizes of the firebricks that came with the stove-does the configuration of the firebricks have to match the drawings in the manual?
Also, the bottom of the inside of the stove has small studs sticking up through, preventing the firebricks from sitting right out to the edges, also the back left firebrick can not sit down properly due to a stud sticking up (maybe about 1/4-1/2").

Does the fresh air kit consist of anything special? The install guys were going to stick flex pipe on it and run it out the side wall of the house.
Cheers!

Will post pics soon.

Warren... a fellow osburner needs your help.

I installed my firebricks exactly like the manual says, but I never measured them. The fit can have a few gaps, but they should fit flush to the stove inside. McGriz has the 2200. Maybe he can answer brick specifics. I do not that the outside air kit. I'd assume the installer Will do it right, but Elk may provide info on code around OAK.

Got a pic of the little studs?

I would have to pull out the manual to see if the brick layout matches what's in my firebox. If I remember correctly, it does. The bricks on the side walls should sit down to the floor of the firebox, not on top of the bricks that line the floor. Those spacers may be in place to help line up the bricks on the bottom. Can you post a picture?

I was going to pull the brick from mine to do a good cleaning in the next day or two. I'll try to take a picture and see if that helps.

The insert does not have the OAK provision, so I can't tell you the specifics on that one. I would think that your installers should know how to properly hook it up.

MrGriz said:
I would have to pull out the manual to see if the brick layout matches what's in my firebox. If I remember correctly, it does. The bricks on the side walls should sit down to the floor of the firebox, not on top of the bricks that line the floor. Those spacers may be in place to help line up the bricks on the bottom. Can you post a picture?

I was going to pull the brick from mine to do a good cleaning in the next day or two. I'll try to take a picture and see if that helps.

The insert does not have the OAK provision, so I can't tell you the specifics on that one. I would think that your installers should know how to properly hook it up.

I was thinking the same Griz. put the edge of the brick on the floor of the firebox. then it should all line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.