Oscillating convection blower & pellets stop after undetermined time.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs_moran

Dec 20, 2011
Central MA
This is on a 5 year old Breckwell P4000 Classic Cast. This problem happened last season too, but went away. For the first 3 months of this season, everything has been fine.

I can start the stove and it runs fine for a while, anywhere from a 1/2 hour to 6 hours. The convection blower seems to have an inconsistent flow of power to it. It wavers in how fast it's going. Sometimes it sounds fine though... During the 15 min startup I sometimes notice the dropoffs or cycling (very minute most of the time) in power to the convection blower. Once in a while during the startup, it will stop completely and then start back up seconds later. When the stove finally decides to shut down I've noticed the panel becomes unresponsive.

I've cleaned everything, including the blowers. The only thing I haven't tried is testing the limit switches. I'm not 100% positive how to do this. I've read that I just need to pull the leads off the switches one by one and put a jumper wire between the leads, is this correct?

I don't know doing about a service call, because it is so inconsistent, with my luck we'd start the stove and it would run perfect, until a few hours later and then shut down... Not to mention, I haven't been able to find anyone to service it...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lack of lube most likely. Add some oil to see if it helps

Do you have a volt meter? You could check the voltage to the blower. If the voltage is constant its the blower starting to bind up. If the voltage is varying its probably the control board. But I'm betting its the blower starting to seez.

Status
Not open for further replies.