OT, but gotta know... Forum-names??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My chainsaw is a Husqvarna 181 it was new in 1985 or 86...Vintage year....probably the best quality tool i have ever owned...she still runs like a champ!

BrotherBart is my handle in the on-line poker rooms. Comes from the old Maverick TV series. Brother Brett, Brother Bart, Cousin Beau and Old Pappy.

Vintage 181 said:
My chainsaw is a Husqvarna 181 it was new in 1985 or 86...Vintage year....probably the best quality tool i have ever owned...she still runs like a champ!

Cool. A saw older than Old Yaller. A 1991 Poulan Pro 405+. I was eyeballing new Husky saws at Tractor Supply today. Until I realized the only things that were attracting me were that they are lighter and have a new sharp chain.

And maybe that Spike would show me how to put a turbo on one.

Cool! I have an old HomeLite 330. Good ol' saw. I think it is from the late 80's. I also have an old HomeLite Super XL. Not sure of its age. One of my favorites is the saw I replaced last year with a new Husky, It replaced the Jonsered I used for years. It was a hand-me-down from my father. Great saw. Best I have ever owned! Talk about high compression! whew!

My three girls = 2 daughters and a wife... I know, I know, but I need all the points I can get. She's letting me put the wood in the garage for the first time in 10years!

BikeMedic said:
Cool! I have an old HomeLite 330. Good ol' saw. I think it is from the late 80's. I also have an old HomeLite Super XL. Not sure of its age. One of my favorites is the saw I replaced last year with a new Husky, It replaced the Jonsered I used for years. It was a hand-me-down from my father. Great saw. Best I have ever owned! Talk about high compression! whew!

Yeah. Good thing that Old Yaller has a compression release on it or I would need a kick starter.

BrotherBart said:
I was eyeballing new Husky saws at Tractor Supply today.

Not trying to hijack here, but I was in a Home Dump today, and noticed the had no Husky's in stock or on display. Did H smarten up?

My_3_Girls said:
Vintage 181 said:
I was eyeballing new Husky saws at Tractor Supply today.

Not trying to hijack here, but I was in a Home Dump today, and noticed the had no Husky's in stock or on display. Did H smarten up?

Lowe's still carrys them. Probably something to do with Husky being spun off and returning to a stand alone corporation instead of being part of Electrolux. Since Electrolux owns Poulan there is no telling what kind of corporate mud wrestling is going on.

The big money is in the lawn mowers and garden tractors and Husky tractors are made by American Yard Products just like Sears' and Poulan's so who knows?

Just keep those homefires burning boys and girls ;)

EatenByLimestone has been with me for years. I have it as my email, and usernames on other boards. I picked it up back in college when I was a geology major for a while.

Eatenbylimestone. I have actually seen that happen to a guy. He fell into a lime pit at a ready-mix concrete plant. Was there for about an hour. Massive burns! I hope that didn't happen to you!

Hardwood Hauler was my CB handle back in the old days, I use to haul hardwood flooring outta New England Wholesale Hardwoods, and Tacinelli Hardwood Flooring throughout NY, CT, Mass, and sometimes into Vermont, Nickname stayed with me, along with my day of birth 7-15, now email etc.

My wife's nick name is Roo for her middle name Sue . She is cold blooded per the weather and with the sweat shirts she like to ware in the winter ( Roo pouch ). My kids gave me the nick name Spike as per how i used to style my hair and also when i was in sales before i started my own business the other sales managers used to call me SuperSpike as per how my sales charts looked after the years totals showed on the yearly charts. Roospike

A great song by the great Midnight Oil, with obvious fire reference.

Just about when the internet started I was also realizing that I could do a better job of managing my energy footprint. Begreen became sort of a personal mantra and my moniker for the past decade.

Bushfire said:
A great song by the great Midnight Oil, with obvious fire reference.

or a political statement in the reverse.

PutnamJct is short for Putnam Junction, a defunct railroad interchange not too far from me. Don't know why I started using it (on this board and others) but have been using it for a while now

Warren said:
It's my name - Warren

Well hell, that's no fun. Change it to "Elm'er" or something.

The computer guy is our office is always coming in at the beginning day saying "Dudes. Let's burn one!" The older people in the office thought he wanted to start a fire. I didn't have the heart to tell them otherwise. When joining the forum it was the first thing to jump in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.