OT, but gotta know... Forum-names??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its my name....minus the 65. The 65 was apparently the only available add on left in order to use it (my name) as my email address.

dj are my initials. I taught school (shop) for 20yrs. My students couldn't (or wouldn't) pronounce my last name. It became Blech for short. I always figured it could have been worse.
Doug

As i sat here for the last twenty minutes reading this entire thread i got to the very end and was ready to click on the next thread then i thought what would have Pook said about his name :lol:

Wendell was the nickname I was given in college after Wendell Willkie, the 1940 Republican Presidential candidate. Like many, it is easier to just keep it the same when I join a new forum.

Since grade school my friends have called me logger because my last name ends with "log." It works even better now because we live in a log cabin in the woods and I love cutting and splitting logs for firewood.

Mine is my business name . I live in Maine & have a sharpening business .............

DSC05347.jpg

I started my web presence on a Ford truck site when I bought this.

My grandpa always talked about a friend of his that would get a sixpack of ol' potosi beer...always remembered that name for some reason...come to find out they still brew the stuff not too far from where I live now....

Stay Warm!

It was Jimmy Page's (of Led Zeppelin fame) nickname, and I was a huge Zep head in the ole teenage angst years.

I'm a raptor nut. The Gyrfalcon is the largest, fastest, strongest falcon in the world-- substantially bigger and stronger and faster than its cousin, the Peregrine falcon. It's an arctic bird and a very rare winter visitor to lower latitudes. Living in the Northeast, I've been lucky enough to see three in my lifetime. I'm not personally bigger, stronger and faster than much of anybody other than a 10-year-old kid, and faster is doubtful. But I love the bird, and the name of it is pretty cool, so why not.

XMAN was the name given by my nephew some years ago. Being an avid skier, was a pilot, etc. he thought my hobbies were extreme.

Tom

Used to be a long hair...Played lead guitar in a couple of bands and everyone said I look like Zakk Wylde from Ozzy Osbournes band. Now I have a butch hair doo am married with 2 kids 2 dogs 2 cats and people still call me Chadwylde!!

Pretty simple.... We live along a road unofficially known as the Low Road.... And we have a few acres.

Only thing still missing is the woodstove being hooked up...

I decided to end our addiction to expensive oil from another country and start getting a better heat source at a better price from a better group of people (loggers, local stove dealers, etc). We have not burned one drop of oil in two years, nor have we paid any oil bill. I know I'm still using oil in my car (gas) and my hot water isn't much better (electric). But by burning wood I felt I was sending a few less dollars overseas to countries that have agendas at odds with some of my beliefs. Not to get to political, but I just felt the more I could do to get our family, as a part of the greater demand, off of oil, the better it would be our nation and environment. Plus, I was sick of seeing the large profits of oil companies as I was getting killed on my oil bill and my gas bill. Now I just get screwed when I fill up, not when I turn my heat up.

Taken from my Garden railway forum name. Takasaki is my home now and it is useful as a distinguisher from other Matts and Matthews in the world.

Born and raised here on the NW Arctic Plain. Tonight it is -17F and the wind is blowing 35 mph. Common as dirt. Unprotected human skin will freeze solid in less than 5 minutes.

I once Frostbit my left eye and surrounding area on a snowmobile trip in the above conditions, and I didn't even know it until I got home and took off my gear. As it thawed, my eye closed shut and a swelling the size of a softball encompassed the area from the side of my nose to my ear. Painful as all get-out.

Fortunately, there was no visible damage, but this now-sensitized area will now freeze in less than a minute if I don't cover up.

Status
Not open for further replies.