OT, but gotta know... Forum-names??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbie said:
It's my name............ :cheese:

Robbie Roberson.

how's the band? I hope their somewhere down that lazy river;)

BrotherBart said:
Warren said:
It's my name - Warren

Well hell, that's no fun. Change it to "Elm'er" or something.
2 points BB. Sorry Warren that was a good one.

I have gone through a bunch of usernames. Back in college ('89 or so), I used 'lucifer' (because I was something of an iconoclast), but I quickly realized that made me sound like a complete dork (Ok, it wasn't so quickly - it took about 4 years)

Nowadays, I just go by my name, unless I am embaressed to admit that I am a member of the forum (such as the fanfiction website, where 80% of the people are college age, or younger)

Anton Smirnov said:
I have gone through a bunch of usernames. Back in college ('89 or so), I used 'lucifer' (because I was something of an iconoclast), but I quickly realized that made me sound like a complete dork (Ok, it wasn't so quickly - it took about 4 years)

Nowadays, I just go by my name, unless I am embaressed to admit that I am a member of the forum (such as the fanfiction website, where 80% of the people are college age, or younger)

I have enjoyed your products for many years.

Working on my first stove, learning more ... so I'm warming up, kind of works with how the house will be this winter too.

because my name is Brian, I live in Idaho, and I'm not too creative.... And it's my log in name on other forums, I didn't want to keep too many straight.

besides, most of the things I'm called wouldn't be acceptable on a family friendly forum :)

Bri

A friend at work came up with mine years ago after after I had an accident at work.
Any other names people call me can't be said on this web site.

Sandor is my middle name. Pronounced Zon-door.

uh..well.....

actually I dont have a Hairy Back either......I have grown so tired of inputting names in forums et al, that I found a name no guy with and self-esteem would choose. Its my monicker for many things......no matter where I sign up, for some odd reason, HarryBack is never taken.......and if it is taken, its usually by me.

can anyone guess where my avatar is from?

Pretty straight forward. First two initials and my last name. And you all thought I was Jamaican...didn't you??
Although I do have some Jamaican tendencies...

Well... I've never been known to be too creative, The names from my latest bike...... 2003 Harley FXSTD

Mine was created for me by an old CP/M bulletin board system back in the late 80's. I've kept it and use it on most forums, sometimes with an added number on the end. It is first three letters of my first name plus the first three letters of my last name.

Seaken

BrotherBart said:
Warren said:
It's my name - Warren

Well hell, that's no fun. Change it to "Elm'er" or something.

Somewhere along the line I messed up when I created my profile. The intended forum name should have been wg_bent.

My initials first, then a reference to the type of bike I ride. A Rans Rocket....look it up.

I just never went back to change it...I suppose I could.

Looking for something short and unique, mine's formed from the name of my business - PRECision AUDio...

seaken said:
Mine was created for me by an old CP/M bulletin board system back in the late 80's.
CP/M... cool! I have and use regularly a TDS analyser that runs 3 Z-80's in parallel and CP/M. Amazing what can be done in a 64k memory space!

Warren,
Bent rider, eh?! Awesome! What kind of 'bent is it. I've wanted one for years, but keep buying everything else. Seems ALOT more comfortable. Don't think USCF would like if I showed up on one.

Taken after my favorite Scottish mountaineer when I was growing up-- Dougal Haston. Also named my dog "Haston" in the early 80s, a totally-insane but very beloved black lab who eventually tilted at one too many minivans. Currently have a cat named Dougal. I have published one novel and several short stories under a psuedonym (withheld). Otherwise my given name is Christopher. My wife's is Christina, my daughter is Nicola. For years my friends have called me "Crunch" or, alternately, "Spike". But I'm all the same person. I think.

I've gotz the hotz burning in the basement, darn I'm glad it finally got a little cooler here in MN. That, and I grow extremely hot peppers as a hobby. Oh, and, ummm...according to my wife, I'm just plain old horny much of the time. You asked!

Mo Heat: A play on the words: More-Heat and Missouri-Heat.

More Heat was needed in the room I installed my wood burning insert.

Missouri summer Heat seemed outrageously oppressive when I moved here from California. Why you may ask, would someone move from California to Missouri (pronounced: Miz' - er - ee and abbr. Mo)? To marry Mrs. Mo Heat of course, in what she refers to as a package deal that included her mom, aka: Mother-Mo-Heat, aka: the alien in the remote bedroom whose brain I often probe for the sake of mankind.

Interestingly, since discovering the forum, the name Moe (spelled Mo around here) has become my new nickname. It started while bowling (short and easy) and persists around the house. I actually like the name Moe, so no problem there.

Zondoor? Are you pulling my leg? Or, is that a good German boy's name? Got 'em in my linage. And I still can't spell Mrs. Mo Heat's German maiden name. Her dad claims it took him six years to learn how to spell it. ;)

Earthharvester, What's the connection between the accident and the nickname? Sorry if I'm being dense here.

HarryBack, I'd swear that is a picture of me at my sister-in-law's house every weekend. ;)

Name of band of Comanche Indians. I'm Comanche. Means wanderer.

Born and raised in northern Kentucky. My home for the past 51 years. Therefore I qualify as an official Kentucky Hillbilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.