OT, but gotta know... Forum-names??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always enjoyed a driftwood fire at night on the shores of the Great
Lakes. My house is on a river with a lot of hard wood floating past. I can just canoe out, guide a log to shore, pull it out and use this driftwood for my heating.

Jags is an old nick name from the Navy. Its a play of JAG (Judge Advocate General) like in the tv show and a bit of my last name (lets just say I am German, kinda like that licorice flavored adult beverage that people like to drink cold).

BikeMedic said:
How did you come up with you username here on Hearth.com forums?

I'll go first. It is a bit obvious...
I am a Firefighter/Paramedic and love cycling. That is bicycling.

It said "User Name:" ... so I entered my ... you're gonna love this ... Name.

-- Mike

AKA Wilson,Mike
AKA Michael Wilson

I'm quite boring online but in person (yeah whatever) I think I'll change my username soon it's just my initials maybe it should be the guy formerly known as GVA....... Hey it worked for Prince in the 90's..... or did it......?
I'll have to figure one out.....

A nickname I've had for over 25 years. Real first name, Will, and the hound part....well, let's just say I had a tendency to wander a little loose at nights in my younger days....howlin' at the moon and chasin' "bunnies".........

Now it refers mostly to my tendency to lie around like an old hound in front of the Summit.........

Mo Heat said:
Zondoor? Are you pulling my leg? Or, is that a good German boy's name? Got 'em in my linage. And I still can't spell Mrs. Mo Heat's German maiden name. Her dad claims it took him six years to learn how to spell it. ;)

E

Not pulling your leg. Its Hungarian, my father emigrated to the US in 1956.

Bruce56BB, bruce, real name. 56, a number thats stuck with me all the way from jr high football to a dirt late model. BB is my real initials.

I just kept the same handle I use everywhere else. The name drizler came from this bigass doberman my wife insisted on getting. Big as a mountain, dumb as a stump. Every day when I came home from work out would drop "the offending member" and he woud deposit about a pint of ole yeller on my new floor. All he did was destroy my shoes, only one of each to make it stranger. Oh how I hated that damned dog. All my unfortunately true storys told at work when I was still truly wound up earned me the name. After biting one of my daughters friends ( totally unprovoked and I saw it all though no one believed me) it was enough. After the 10 day curfue the Health Dept required it was enough. I told the wife that on the morning of the tenth day when I came home from work that I would shoot the mutt where ever he was standing at the time. This was no idle threat since I wear a gun for a living and its always right there to use. He ended up serving a useful purpose after all by protecting the local animal shelters residence from a gang ( family) of next door delinquents who liked to break and enter. The Drizler suffered death by Silverado a couple years later. He couldn't even do that right as was his style. Dumb 160lb mutt ran in front of a car which hit him and spun him into the front of the truck in the other lane. In the end although it was an old truck the drizler ended up totaling it out. Even in death that mut was a royal expensive PITA. Thats how I became the drizler that I am today. Now does anyone wonder why I like cats????

My initials plus a member of the Professional Golfers Association of America I like to average 4 on a hole and started on windows 98 and need something I could remeber

You know who seems to be missing these days...Eric. I wonder how he got his screen name?

Driz said:
I just kept the same handle I use everywhere else. The name drizler came from this bigass doberman my wife insisted on getting. Big as a mountain, dumb as a stump. Every day when I came home from work out would drop "the offending member" and he woud deposit about a pint of ole yeller on my new floor.

That's just how dogs say that 'you da boss'. my in-laws had a dog who for two years, whenever it saw me , would roll over onto its back and urinate.

And before you ask, I am NOT scary.

pretty simple elkimmeg, my wife Ellen, first daughter Kim, second daughter Meg.

Well, my handle is FireWood on a couple of other forums... You see, when I first got into woodworking, the first few pieces of lumber I milled wound up going straight into the woodstove... shortly after that I joined a woodworking forum to learn a few things... The handle was a reminder of my not so glorious beginnings...

I figured that handle wouldn't fly too well here, so I came up with Turner-n-Burner. I'm a wood turner, and this season I'll be a wood burner too!

-Dan

Its almost dissapointing Elk. Like one of the worlds last great secrets the truth is plainer than the myth. I had visions of something concerning the 4 legged deer critter and some other mysterious connection. Ah well................. Not quite the let down that finally seeing deep throat was but still noteworthy.

Driz said:
Not quite the let down that finally seeing deep throat was but still noteworthy.

Took my wife to see it on our second date. Got an elbow in the ribs when I told her to take notes.

BrotherBart said:
Driz said:
Not quite the let down that finally seeing deep throat was but still noteworthy.

Took my wife to see it on our second date. Got an elbow in the ribs when I told her to take notes.

She elbowed you because she didn't need the notes. I will only guess why you married her!

Sandor said:
BrotherBart said:
Driz said:

She elbowed you because she didn't need the notes. I will only guess why you married her!

Thanks for the laughs...Am not touching this!

Sandor said:
BrotherBart said:
Driz said:

True dat.

This has been very interesting. It is fun to learn a-little bit about everyone here. Thanks!
BB... Thanks for the laughs! Man... You kill me!

(Did you seriously take her to DT on your 2nd date?)

Warren said:
You know who seems to be missing these days...Eric. I wonder how he got his screen name?

Given to me by my dear mother.

On the question of DT and other scandalous films of the '70s, the way things are going, we're going to be seeing that on network TV one of these days. I can remember when "Midnight Cowboy" got an X rating and you had to go downtown to some sleazy theater to see it. Last time I checked, they were showing it on the Family Channel.

Eric J.:

"On the question of DT and other scandalous films of the ‘70s, the way things are going, we’re going to be seeing that on network TV one of these days. I can remember when “Midnight Cowboy” got an X rating and you had to go downtown to some sleazy theater to see it. Last time I checked, they were showing it on the Family Channel."

Yeah. At DT those metal folding chairs on the concrete floor weren't too comfortable. The cops were busting theaters left and right for showing the thing and the "theater" was moving regularly.

DT played at the same theather in Portland from the opening day in until the late 1990's.
That being said, Watergate was what I thought of when Driz mentioned Deep T. ;)

homefire said:
DT played at the same theather in Portland from the opening day in until the late 1990's.
That being said, Watergate was what I thought of when Driz mentioned Deep T. ;)

We were in Ft. Worth. I think the buckle of the Bible belt is located somewhere close to there.

Status
Not open for further replies.