ot: cedar log shelf

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
I've got a couple cedar logs that I cut to make into shelves in the corner above and behind my stove. Anybody got some advice as to how to mount these on the wall? Tia
20141011_123448.jpg

Could you find some cool wrought iron L brackets of some sort that you could use to hang them? If you had some smaller cedar rounds, you could cut four or six shorter lengths, treat them with whatever you used to treat the shelves, then notch the bottom of the shelves and the shorter pieces log cabin style, then mount the short pieces to the wall and have the shelves rest on them.

If that doesn't work, duct tape?

Reactions: spirilis
Well Its up. Still have to fill the holes with adhesive but it's pretty much done. I got some 8 inch lag bolts and drilled them in 4 inches and then cut the heads off and mounted the logs. Kinda tedious but it won't fall I don't believe.
20141019_154507.jpg
20141019_154457.jpg

Reactions: NickDL and SKIN052
It looks nice to me. Now put some things on it.

LOVE the color on that flat milled surface

Status
Not open for further replies.