OT---Eco-heater whole room heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"My house is heated by a propane fireplace. With the cost of propane rising dramatically, I bought three of these heaters last year and used them all winter. I heated my full 1200 square foot living area with those three heaters at an approximate cost of $1 per day. I can't recommend these highly enough. And if you have children or pets, they are very safe--they do get hot, but not hot enough to burn you. Plus, they are totally quiet.
I have recommended these heaters to friends and neighbors" <~~ best in favor of comment on Amazon

"The product arrived as expected, however it took a couple of days of powering the product to eliminate the obnoxious smell. I purchased this for my daughters room after reading the description as "safe for small children" however it actually reads "safer" for small children. While my daughter is still young (4 mo), she would ABSOLUTELY burn herself on this unit. We will use this while she is not mobile, and likely have to discard it based on safety concerns alone once she is mobile. If you do not have small children at home this is a good option, otherwise you need to keep children away from the product to avoid the burning risks. " <~~ best none favorable comment.

Color me skeptical.

It's a 400 watt heater. I just don't see how that could possibly heat one of my 12X10 bedrooms here in Mass.

At least if you buy it from Amazon, you get free returns usually.

We have used space heaters in the past, and tried the oil-filled...no luck at all. Best one I've used is about 30" long, 8" high, old-fashioned looking (LOL), and has a built-in fan. 1500watts, and if left running, will heat that sized room.

Jim

Hey lobstah, I just ordered this one, as per recommendations for a ceramic heater being the best all around one by Eric at kinsman, and Tom at Englander on a another thread. I'll let everyone know when I finally get it and try it out for a couple of days.

www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5130766

The oil filled one I bought (and returned) from HD was a piece of crap.

That thing looks so small and a jennie may pop out of it at anytime (hope for a female). Let me know how it works it a real "cute" item.... I usally just have my kids keep warm before bed (when they were young) run around, do jumping jack's, split some wood, change the channel for me on the tube (no remote then and wife was not home). Then they would go to bed and sleep like little angles....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.